Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Needed: CCS-Capable EV for DCQC Station Test - Kennewick

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
R

ReddyLeaf

Needed: A CCS-capable EV for testing a new DCQC station (Greenlots)
Where: 2901 Southridge Blvd, Kennewick, WA 99337
When: 11:00am, Tuesday, May 15, 2018 (Grand Opening - Ribbon Cutting)

There will be a grand opening and ribbon cutting for this station, the first of several DCQC stations funded in part by the WADOT Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Pilot Program (EVIPP) and EVITA (consortium of local communities, organizations, and utilities). https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/NR/rdonlyres/0DED5F62-5C83-456A-BD26-6176941A5F29/0/EVIPP_NOPA.pdf

Unfortunately, this station will be a bit "stranded" until the rest of the stations come online (Cle Elum, Ellensburg, Yakima, Prosser, George, Richland, Pasco, Connell). I will have my 2011 Leaf with Chademo to test that capability. I also know of another Tesla owner with the Chademo adaptor, so we're covered on that front. However, all of the i3 and Bolt EVs that I know in the area do not have the CCS charging package. If anyone knows of a Bolt EV or BMW i3 owner who has the DCQC package, please let me know. We would like to test all of the stations capabilities. Also, please show up and support our slowly growing EV community. Thanks.

Reactions: GWord
FYI, the ribbon-cutting went off very well. We had ten EVs present (i3, Tesla S, 3 Volt, 3 Leaf, Fusion Energi, Think!). The station is fairly well located, near restaurants/coffee and just a few blocks closer to I-82 than the Kennewick SuperCharger. If anyone is interested, dedication of the Ellensburg (3rd Street) station will probably be next week. I'll post here with more info.