Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Needed feature ASAP! Mobile Acees Pin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Problem with a PIN is that Tesla would have to include a secret (master) PIN that allows them to over-ride your PIN to shut off remote access when they are working on the car (Tesla always turns OFF this feature when the car is in for service). While they would try to keep it secret, sooner or later this master PIN would leak out onto the internet.

Problem with a PIN is that Tesla would have to include a secret (master) PIN that allows them to over-ride your PIN to shut off remote access when they are working on the car (Tesla always turns OFF this feature when the car is in for service). While they would try to keep it secret, sooner or later this master PIN would leak out onto the internet.

They could do that in the diagnostics screen, which is already password protected.

They've never done that to me. But presumably Tesla would need a way to disable the code, anyway, in case you forget it. But for service, they really should have a read-only mode, so you can monitor, but not interfere.

I'm sorry, but this is just not realistic or necessary. There's no need for a "Master PIN". If a car is in for service, they can connect their SC computers directly and bypass any user based PIN for valet mode or disabling remote access. All that's needed is a button to say "Enter Valet Mode with PIN".. .it asks for a PIN number. Once enabled, no settings can be changed until the PIN is re-entered, and then Valet Mode is disabled until next time. Also, there's no reason Valet mode (and a PIN) can't be enabled and disabled from the mobile app upon dropping the car off if you didn't get a chance to enter a PIN in advance.

I think it would be highly useful to have a Valet mode. You could adjust the max speed (20 for parking lot situations, higher if they have to cross a major roadway or freeway to park your car), as of right now I always track my car when I'm waiting for Valet to bring it around, there's not a lot of ways around Valet here in Vegas where every place has Valet. Whenever I'm tracking it, if the driver is going faster than 20mph, I open and close the sunroof repeatedly to get their attention, they're always surprised by that lol.