Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Needed - Nikola Tesla birthday card designed by your child

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Half Dollar Bill

Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant, innkeeper
Oct 19, 2013
Freeport Maine
My apologies if you see this message in a few places as we’re aiming for saturation.

Do you have a child that’s a budding greeting card artist? Are they interested in creating a birthday card to be signed by other owners and enthusiasts and then sent to Tesla? If those answers are “Yes” then please read on.

I’m part of a group planning an event at the Newark DE supercharger on July 10th, which is the 160th anniversary of Nikola Tesla’s birthday. Our plan is to have an informal owner gathering and public educational event at the supercharger on that date. We’d like to give owners and the public the opportunity to sign a birthday card that we’d then mail to the Tesla factory. If we’re lucky enough to get more than one card then we could also send them to headquarters and service centers.

We could buy a card. But, we thought to solicit the owner community first for interest in contributing a handmade card to the effort. We are also open to sharing the cards if other groups want to plan events with Tesla’s birthday as a backdrop where they would want a card as well. Therefore, I’m not really worried if there are a number of volunteers.

Card design: Standard posterboard, between 11”x17” and 22”x28”, folded in half along the long side to yield a card between 11x8.5 and 22x14. A Happy Birthday design is needed on the front, inside panel (other side of front) is blank as that’s where owners and public will sign, a birthday message and/or Tesla well wishes is on opposing page and a blank back panel will complete the design. Visually, if you were reading a book, page 1 - Happy Birthday, page 2 – blank, page 3 – birthday message, page 4 – blank. Note that you can include your child’s name and reference to your Tesla model/vin on page 4 if desired.

You want to draw, paint or paste a collage? Have a ball. Realize that you’re going to have to mail it to me and I’m going to have to mail it on. The easiest way of doing that may be in a big envelop or in a tube, so take that into account in the design. What we’re after is a little morale boost for the factory and service employees.

I’m going to set an arbitrary deadline of June 30 for me to receive the card.

Please contact me if:
- You want to submit a card,
- You have questions about the card,
- You want to use a card for an event you’re planning,
- You want to participate in the planning on this specific event in Newark DE.
- [email protected]

Thanks very much!
Bill

• Love
Reactions: jcadman22