Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No buyers remorse here, just buyer concern, as I work a ton of long hours and spend a good bit of time on the road (why I bought a tesla) I just don't want to spend precious family time traveling 230+ miles one way to a service center because this goes wrong, then that goes wrong, when I could be enjoying time with my family.

Replacement dog = priceless
Just for one more perspective. I've had my MS for 4 months and haven't even considered going to the SvC for anything (other than a FREE charge). I have a friend who had an early MS, and he didn't take his in for service for the first 3 years, then took it in for a checkup just in case. Every once in a while you see a story of someone who truly got a bad car off the assembly line (Friday car maybe?), and I was highly concerned about that while waiting for mine, but I think most people have not had that experience.

Now, having said that, you should ask yourself whether you're someone who would take your car in for any minor imperfection, or even go digging around for imperfections. If you are, then you would always be able to find things no matter what car you buy. In that case, I would recommend buying something you can get serviced closer to home.

As for AP not being perfect, consider yourself fortunate that you found this forum, because now you are forewarned not to assume that the car will take you where you want to go without you having to pay close attention (like drivers have had to do since cars were invented, BTW). The people I worry for are the ones who haven't found this forum and just assume the car will take them where they want to go on any old country road in Montana while they play checkers with the guy in the passenger seat.

• Informative
Reactions: fasteddie7