TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Negotiating Price on Inventory Cars

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by mecfire, Nov 28, 2016.

1. mecfire

mecfire Member

Hello, I was hoping someone could help shed some light on if Tesla negotiates pricing of their inventory cars and if so what the best route to take would be. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

This ones pretty easy. The answer is a flat out no. That was my experience and many others but you're welcome to try....

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

This is likely the best way to 'haggle' but likely you won't get contacted, unless you have a previous purchase relationship with this Tesla employee. Expect to wait a month before potential contact.

4. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Member

The prices do drop with age of the car and the mileage if the car is being used as a loaner. So sometimes it helps just to wait a month or two. OTOH someone might just pick it up and it will be gone.

5. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.34 2448cfc

The only price reduction you can expect is from the Referral Program. Message me if you'd like a link that can save you $1000 off of an Inventory vehicle.

BTW, you can track price reductions for Inventory and CPO vehicles for free after registering at TeslaInventory.com:

2016-11-28_1347.png

6. mecfire

mecfire Member

Thanks everyone, very helpful information. I didn't know about the tracking feature.

7. Kim Kim

Kim Kim Member

I tried just three hours ago. My answer was also a flat out "NO". With the explanation that " Tesla treats all customers equal"

And I already bought a car from that sales rep :) He would contact me in case the prize changes though.

8. wamochi

wamochi Member

you might be able to at least get the $1,200 d&d fee waived and/or the shipping cost (up to $1,500 in U.S.). this is what happened with most of the Q3 fire sale inventory cars, like ours. i didn't even really ask - the OA just sort of threw it out there when i didn't jump on it right away. i would imagine they will give the d&d and shipping discounts again if they can get the car in your hands before 12/31 ...

9. ShadowR55

ShadowR55 Member

I can never seem to register on that site. The confirmation email comes over an hour later after registering and by that time I clicked on the forgot password link and now there is no way to get into my account.

10. mecfire

mecfire Member

click on the forgot password link again then wait. It took me up to an hour to receive, however, I did eventually get it.

11. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Sorry to see you're having this issue. You can try the password reset link. However if you are having an issue, please post on my thread here, so we don't go off topic in this thread. Or you can email me direct at [email protected]. I did see a few delay emails that were sent 30-45 minutes after registering and there is a 1 hour time limit. So that being said, I am upping the time limit and will look into why the emails were delayed.

FYI, as @MorrisonHiker showed, there is an INVENTORY P85D (yes, it does have 17,000 miles) buts its almost 40k off original list price & you can still get the federal tax credit and possibly some state credits and it would come with a full new car warranty. There are some really great deals out there!

Thanks Erik

12. hollywood

hollywood Member

Wait until end of quarter. Tesla is all about jacking up sales to investors by quarters end.