Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Negotiating Price on Inventory Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like this one. But i'm not ready to pay this price. If it drops by $500 or more, please contact me at ###-###-#### or email me at ___.
This is likely the best way to 'haggle' but likely you won't get contacted, unless you have a previous purchase relationship with this Tesla employee. Expect to wait a month before potential contact.

The only price reduction you can expect is from the Referral Program.

BTW, you can track price reductions for Inventory and CPO vehicles for free after registering at TeslaInventory.com:

2016-11-28_1347.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried just three hours ago. My answer was also a flat out "NO". With the explanation that " Tesla treats all customers equal"

And I already bought a car from that sales rep :) He would contact me in case the prize changes though.

you might be able to at least get the $1,200 d&d fee waived and/or the shipping cost (up to $1,500 in U.S.). this is what happened with most of the Q3 fire sale inventory cars, like ours. i didn't even really ask - the OA just sort of threw it out there when i didn't jump on it right away. i would imagine they will give the d&d and shipping discounts again if they can get the car in your hands before 12/31 ...

The only price reduction you can expect is from the Referral Program. Message me if you'd like a link that can save you $1000 off of an Inventory vehicle.

BTW, you can track price reductions for Inventory and CPO vehicles for free after registering at TeslaInventory.com:

View attachment 203838
I can never seem to register on that site. The confirmation email comes over an hour later after registering and by that time I clicked on the forgot password link and now there is no way to get into my account.

I can never seem to register on that site. The confirmation email comes over an hour later after registering and by that time I clicked on the forgot password link and now there is no way to get into my account.

click on the forgot password link again then wait. It took me up to an hour to receive, however, I did eventually get it.

Sorry to see you're having this issue. You can try the password reset link. However if you are having an issue, please post on my thread here, so we don't go off topic in this thread. Or you can email me direct at [email protected]. I did see a few delay emails that were sent 30-45 minutes after registering and there is a 1 hour time limit. So that being said, I am upping the time limit and will look into why the emails were delayed.

FYI, as @MorrisonHiker showed, there is an INVENTORY P85D (yes, it does have 17,000 miles) buts its almost 40k off original list price & you can still get the federal tax credit and possibly some state credits and it would come with a full new car warranty. There are some really great deals out there!

Thanks Erik

• Informative
Reactions: HandleX
I see above there is talk about getting the Federal Tax Credit with a used Tesla? or CPO? Did I miss something? I thought it was only avail on new vehicles? What are the key words to use to get the delivery fee waived on a CPO? Thanks!

"FYI, as @MorrisonHiker showed, there is an INVENTORY P85D (yes, it does have 17,000 miles) buts its almost 40k off original list price & you can still get the federal tax credit and possibly some state credits and it would come with a full new car warranty. There are some really great deals out there!"

I see above there is talk about getting the Federal Tax Credit with a used Tesla? or CPO? Did I miss something? I thought it was only avail on new vehicles? What are the key words to use to get the delivery fee waived on a CPO? Thanks!

"FYI, as @MorrisonHiker showed, there is an INVENTORY P85D (yes, it does have 17,000 miles) buts its almost 40k off original list price & you can still get the federal tax credit and possibly some state credits and it would come with a full new car warranty. There are some really great deals out there!"
The federal tax credit is only available on new or inventory cars, not CPO vehicles. The P85D was an inventory car that had not been sold to a customer but had been used as a loaner so it was still eligible for the federal tax credit.

Reactions: jaguar36
The loaners and demos that have miles on them or age get discounted pretty well. After March 10 is good to start. Gives time to move inventory around between locations. They seem to have stopped posting inventory online so work with store employees to locate. I saw $10,000 off some with just over 1200 miles and 2-3 months of age.

Were you working with someone in the showroom or the actual service center? 100% on board with that, waiting until March 10. Does working with one of the Owner Advisors help tap in to that 'hidden inventory' or should you go directly to the showroom/service center?

So, in terms of negotiating - it's a no-go on the price? But delivery fee, upgraded battery, etc - are on the table?

100%TY @bonaire

I don't believe Tesla has any wiggle room on the listed price, but what I have seen in the past is people negotiating on the trade in value of the car. This I have been able to push to get my cost lower, so if you are looking to get a Tesla, I would suggest go this route, and push for higher trade-in value of your current car.

Cheers :)