Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Neighbors jealous of the Model S :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha still don't get what weight has to do with anything! I also have a tesla and a mini. Best combo! The mini leaves room in garage for the giant tesla and I can use the mini to street park in sf almost anywhere. I also get negative comments at time, but can't really hear much with the windows up and music on. I usually just floor it and leave em behind 3 lights or so.

I would say offer them a ride (unless they are just totally 'douchie' ). They might be nice if you show them the car a little and break down the gas vs electric advantages.
I have had nothing but positive comments from everyone I have spoke with or seen waving and giving thumbs up on the freeway.

I gave a couple of my neighbors rides and owe a couple of them rides. Everyone should experience a Tesla!

My daughter found this quote when she got overly worried about what her stepmother was thinking about her.
atigerdoesntlosesleepovertheopinionofsheep.PNG

I would say offer them a ride (unless they are just totally 'douchie' ). They might be nice if you show them the car a little and break down the gas vs electric advantages.
I have had nothing but positive comments from everyone I have spoke with or seen waving and giving thumbs up on the freeway.

I gave a couple of my neighbors rides and owe a couple of them rides. Everyone should experience a Tesla!

They should! ;-) But with grumpy people, I'd just offer the ride (if that!) and not go into the Tesla spiel unless asked; they might see that as just showing off or proselytizing. "Why are you trying to convince me to get a car like yours, that's part of the problem here, my (husband|wife|son|daughter) keeps bugging for one!"

Haha still don't get what weight has to do with anything! I also have a tesla and a mini. Best combo! The mini leaves room in garage for the giant tesla and I can use the mini to street park in sf almost anywhere. I also get negative comments at time, but can't really hear much with the windows up and music on. I usually just floor it and leave em behind 3 lights or so.

Wow, my wife also drives a Mini!! Wonder how many Model S/Mini pairs are out there...

Sorry to hear about this GG! You gotta wonder if they would have said the same thing if it was a BMW or a Mercedes? I take this whole story very personal. I know exactly what it's like when someone is judging you for trying to go "green". It's awful and they have no right to do so. Its VERY immature but it can hurt very much indeed. I remember my first car when I was 20 years old in 2004 and I bought a Ford Taurus here in Sweden. It ran on ethanol. I felt like I was doing some sort of difference....and I couldn't believe how total strangers started to judge me just because of that. Most were positive of course, and that's the important part. There will always be idiots around....and the jealous idiots around are the most immature ones. Stay strong dude, I truly think you are doing a difference for us all.