Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nema 10-30 out of stock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered a 3 in July with expected delivery October. I have a 10-30 outlet but so far tesla is out of stock. Including the complete charger kit. Does anyone know how long these stretches go? I signed up for email alerts but so far nothing. I know its not even September but just curious what everyone thinks. Luck of the draw that the only thing out of stock is the thing I need :/.

is this safe to use ?
Yes, it absolutely is. EVSEAdapters makes really fantastic, robust, well-made adapter products. They are basically the premier, go-to, third party source whenever you can't find something directly from Tesla. They do continually buy official adapters from Tesla and then rebuild some by detaching the plugs and connecting other different plugs on them that Tesla doesn't sell, so you can get some options for weird outlet types that you may find. But they do it well and carefully, so they preserve the two important things from the original:

1. The chip that signals the appropriate amount of amps, so it will automatically be signaled to the car to pull the right amount.
2. The temperature sensor in the plug head that will check for heat where it is plugged in to send a warning to the car if it's getting hot.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
another option probably could be to use a Nema 14-30 adaptor from tesla and got a 10-30 to 14-30 transform from amazon
Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 3.58.28 PM.png

So I ordered a 3 in July with expected delivery October. I have a 10-30 outlet but so far tesla is out of stock. Including the complete charger kit. Does anyone know how long these stretches go? I signed up for email alerts but so far nothing. I know its not even September but just curious what everyone thinks. Luck of the draw that the only thing out of stock is the thing I need :/.

If you want the Tesla adaptor and not third party I would suggest just checking the website every once in a while. I find that the email notification lags. There’s been plenty of times a product was in stock when I checked and never got the notification.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H