Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEMA 10-30 to 14-30 adaptor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an older dryer outlet Nema 10-30 at home, however, the Nema 10-30 UMC adaptor has been out of stock for months. I bet Tesla just abandon it and stop producing anymore. Can I just buy a 10-30 to 14-30 adaptor and use the UMC 14-30 cord?
Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 3.58.28 PM.png

In the same situation as well but those adapters require you to plug that ground wire into an outlet or something. Seems scary or prone to failure to me.

There is a dryer outlet splitter you can get from SplitVolt / Amazon that comes with a 10-30 and a 14-50 outlet. The only issue with this is that you will have to limit your charging from the Tesla to 24amp since thats the max the 10-30 outlet would support.

I have also read somewhere that you could order the 10-30 cable directly from a Tesla Service Center. I’d recommend giving that a shot.

No need, I already have my 10-30. I was just checking to see if they were still in stock. I was wondering if they ordered/made enough.
I bet there is a scalper buying it and remake to theirs and sell for a double price, as EVSEadputper sell it for $69 which is the double price of the tesla. They have to buy it from Telsa because without the chip inside, the UMC won't recognize the adaptor.