Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEMA 14-50 adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the GTA and expecting delivery of my S in two weeks. Unfortunately the Tesla online store has been out of stock of the NEMA 14-50 adapter. Is there a generic adapter that might work? My SA has been unresponsive so I may pay the service centre a visit to see if they have any for sale.

I have a different adapter from them that works great. It's more expensive than the Tesla brand one, but the cable is also much bigger gauge. It also has the chip in it which tells the car what kind of circuit it's plugged into so the car sets the charge speed correctly.
Thanks, I might have to give them a try despite the higher cost. They have it for $69 (USD I assume) + shipping to Canada vs. Tesla selling for $55 CAD.

Last edited:
Wait...just curious for those with the Mobile Connector that came with your Tesla, doesn't it come standard with the 14-50 connector already?
Haven't received MYP yet but I assume it comes with the 14-50 connector with the mobile connector or am I wrong?

Wait...just curious for those with the Mobile Connector that came with your Tesla, doesn't it come standard with the 14-50 connector already?
Haven't received MYP yet but I assume it comes with the 14-50 connector with the mobile connector or am I wrong?

For a couple/few years they've only been supplying the N5-15 connector - and, as of April <something> orders, there's __no__ supplied TMC . :confused:

(My '21 M3P ordered last June only had the N5-15, though I've since picked up an N6-50 and N14-30, which have been handy :) )