Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nema 14-50 adapters available now on Tesla website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m hoping to take delivery of a Y this month that I ordered in December. I don’t recall, what happened with the included mobile connector? Did they stop including it, or do orders up to a certain point still have them?
Since you ordered in December 2021, the mobile connector will be delivered with your car. If you ordered in late April 2022 (forget the exact date), it’s not included and it’ll need to be ordered as a separate item.

Reactions: Joey_82
I ordered it yesterday since the included charging kit only include the adapter for regular household outlet plugs.

i even requested to be notified by email if it comes back in stock. I got no notification - and it’s a good think I saw this post.

I’m hoping to take delivery of a Y this month that I ordered in December. I don’t recall, what happened with the included mobile connector? Did they stop including it, or do orders up to a certain point still have them?
The mobile connector kit does not include an adapter, you’ll have to order that separately depending on the type of outlet you’ll be using the most common of which is the Nema 14-50.

Your car will come with a mobile connector 20 ft cord. One end will plug into the car, the other will have a NEMA 5-15 adaptor plugged in to it that will plug in to a standard 110 volt home plug. If you want to plug in to something different, like a 240 volt outlet, you have to order the appropriate adaptor from Tesla and unplug the 110v adaptor and plug in the 240v adaptor. All cars ordered after April 17, 2022 will not come supplied with any cores or adaptors and you must buy whatever ones you’ll need from the Tesla shop. I ordered my MYLR 11/10/21 and it will not be here in July. Good luck!

I ordered in October 2021. Pickup 2 days ago and it didn’t come with nema 14-50. Am I entitled to receiving one from Tesla ?
No the car hasn’t come with the 14-50 for a couple years now, just the 5-15. You can usually buy them from your local service center though, even if they’re out of stock on the website. I think that’s the only one the SC’s stock.

Reactions: gh0001
The mobile connector kit does not include an adapter, you’ll have to order that separately depending on the type of outlet you’ll be using the most common of which is the Nema 14-50.
Your car will come with a mobile connector 20 ft cord. One end will plug into the car, the other will have a NEMA 5-15 adaptor plugged in to it that will plug in to a standard 110 volt home plug. If you want to plug in to something different, like a 240 volt outlet, you have to order the appropriate adaptor from Tesla and unplug the 110v adaptor and plug in the 240v adaptor. All cars ordered after April 17, 2022 will not come supplied with any cores or adaptors and you must buy whatever ones you’ll need from the Tesla shop. I ordered my MYLR 11/10/21 and it will not be here in July. Good luck!

Thanks. I actually have a Model 3 that included the mobile connector and installed a NEMA 14-50 receptacle for it. I was mainly curious as to whether my Y order would include the mobile connector, which it sounds like it will, which is great.

Thanks. I actually have a Model 3 that included the mobile connector and installed a NEMA 14-50 receptacle for it. I was mainly curious as to whether my Y order would include the mobile connector, which it sounds like it will, which is great.
It depends when you ordered your Model Y. If after the cutoff date Tesla set (a specific date in April 2022) then you would have to purchase the TMC kit (the kit would include the 5-15 and 14-50 plug adapter at the new price for the TMC kit ($200 US).