Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEMA 14-50 quotes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Dallas, I used an independent electrician and it was $1,500 for the NEMA 14-50 plug and adding surge protection to my electrical box. Without the surge protection, it would have been $1,350. My electrical box is on the complete opposite side of the house from the garage, so he had to run the wiring up one side of the house, into and across the attic, then down the other side of the house. So far it seems like solid, quality work.

I had a quote from one of the bigger AC/electrical/plumbing companies out here and it was going to be $1,358 with my member discount for just the NEMA 14-50 plug. Adding in the surge protection was going to be an extra $800 ($2,157 total) so that's why I decided to go with the independent electrician.

Regardless of who you choose, mind that the Tesla charger essentially plugs in upside-down. I was able to turn mine 180 degrees on my own after the installation without much trouble, but it would have been easier to instruct the electrician to do that upon install.

• Helpful
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad