Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nema 6-50, Greater Vancouver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to install a 240 in my garage to charge my 3, but when I googled nema 6-50 receptacle, there's isn't much in return. I don't want a cheap brand from Amazon or home depot, so I'm looking for advise from anyone in the greater Vancouver area, who had installed their own 6-50 or 14-50. Many thanks.

So you only hiring the electrician to check your work and install the breaker? How much does he charge for that? I'm still on stage one, looking for where I can buy all those supplies.
No the wires were already there when the house was built last year. He just got all the supplies (plug, amp upgrade etc) and installed. $180 I think it was. If I had no wires running or if I wanted to install new wall charger he said $350 approx while all the other quotes I got were 2-4 times that. Few of the guys on this forum have used him already as well. Search the other thread from a month or so ago. I would be happy to share if you want message me and he can give you a quote

Gescan is pretty good, but they mostly deal with contractors who know what they need, so it's a bit different than going to a big box store.
Anyways, the supplies are pretty simple:
8/3 (40A or 6/3 for 50A) NMD90 (consider armored or conduit if the wire will be exposed in an unfinished wall)
Plug
Box + cover (Find a cover, then get a box that matches the cover and the plug)
3/8 In. Loomex Cable Connectors (depending on box and panel type)
Breaker
Cable staples
2 pole 40 or 50A breaker

Gescan is pretty good, but they mostly deal with contractors who know what they need, so it's a bit different than going to a big box store.
Anyways, the supplies are pretty simple:
8/3 (40A or 6/3 for 50A) NMD90 (consider armored or conduit if the wire will be exposed in an unfinished wall)
Plug
Box + cover (Find a cover, then get a box that matches the cover and the plug)
3/8 In. Loomex Cable Connectors (depending on box and panel type)
Breaker
Cable staples
2 pole 40 or 50A breaker
Thank you so much for the info.