Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nephew's FB comment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of my nephew's comments on Face Book yesterday caught my interest.
He's a kind of a motor head that loves '70's muscle cars. Great body man and mechanic.
He re-posted a short article slamming electric cars, the power grid, government forcing us to go electric (you've all see them) without fact checking his post.
Well, needless to say - it was a laughable post, and I did NOT comment back.

(Insert side note here) Last weekend I filled my son's VW wagon that was on the 1/4 mark, and it cost $51 -- it was a sticker shock. While I was spending the weekend at his house I filled the Model Y - and with the power rates in Montana it cost about $6. I told my son that I traded him a tank of gas for a tank of electrons. It's obvious who got the better end of that deal.

Now back to my Nephew ---
All that I can say to my nephew is this : "I'm laughing all the way to the bank, while you're crying all the way to the gas station!"
And as far as his muscle cars go - even with the slowest Tesla (my Model Y) I can still out run his muscle cars.

Intended humor here.......

Reactions: bobby g
I too enjoyed all the cars from the '50's, '60's and '70's - but back then when gas was 29~32 cents a gallon, I never thought too much about it. I have an '83 VW pickup in the garage that I've put about 150 miles on in the last 6~7 years - but I can't bear to part with it. I also have a 2019 Rav4 hybrid that's getting less and less miles put on it. I'm just glad that I bough the Tesla when I did - because now the same car is more than $10k more that what I bought it for.