Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

neroden's first week with "Electro" the Model S (Best Car Ever)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will say I found a small downside to the interior design which nobody else has mentioned. I lost a few coins between the center console and the driver's seat. It was impossible to get them out in any seat position even with pliers. They promptly crawled *under* the rails on which the seat is mounted and are completely inaccessible from any position. I'm going to have to ask the service center to extract them next year at the annual service.

Also, there appear to be floor vents for heat to the rear seat. Since they have no grilles on them, they're another place where coins are going to fall and be lost forever. I'll have to ask the service center to extract coins from the floor vents at the annual service too.

So the car may cost me a few extra dollars. :wink:
Have you tried moving the front seat as far forward and up as it goes, then accessing from behind? Worked for me on a dropped Compact Flash card recently.

I'm 5'8 and I have a different problem I haven't seen others commenting about. Seems like half of the times I'm driving either my rear passenger or front passenger windows suddenly goes down. I tend to rest my left against the door and the area where the up/down window buttons is located is slightly rounded down towards the inside of the cabin and my left leg ends up bumping one of those buttons. Really annoying and I can't seem to find a comfortable position to avoid it.

P1117 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried moving the front seat as far forward and up as it goes, then accessing from behind?
First thing I tried. The coins are literally underneath the mounting rails; they can't be accessed from any direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Post your pictures ;-) Please

I've tried, I can't make it work for some reason. (Edit: I sent them to medved.)

- - - Updated - - -

@neroden, first off, congrats! It's been a strange ride for you across two reservations and numerous issues.

The part about ergonomics is interesting. It may be a function of how tall you are and such but, for me, at 6' 1" with long legs, I'd say the Model S gets only a B+ from me in driver ergonomics.
It's almost certainly a function of height!

I'm only 5'5" and my fiancee is only 5'2". I don't think it would be comfortable if I were a foot taller.

- - - Updated - - -

The new defroster upgrade (which corrects the driver-side fogging issues) is now available as a service center upgrade kit. At my request, mine was just installed at the Boston Service Center prior to my delivery in Vermont.
Time for me to call Philadelphia then. They haven't called me, which I asked them to do when it was ready...

Here are the photos. They were too large. That's way it wasn't possible to upload them. So I changed the resolution. White Model S looks great. :)

IMG_3764a.jpg

IMG_3778a.jpg

IMG_3787a.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm. Just realized I forgot to get a photo of the front. It came with front license plate bracket *and* plate pre-installed (that's apparently the New York way), and I think it looks quite nice. I actually think the license plate "breaks up" the great big lump of black plastic visually and makes the front end look better.