Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nervous energy and pre-delivery tasks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I've already started checking the app less since I received my VIN yesterday. Yes, making sure it didn't go away!
So far, I've done a few things in anticipation of my new baby:
0) ordered and had installed the wall charger
1) ordered TF cards for sentry and music, including adapters (right angle, tf to USB C and USB A, etc. (ordered and cancelled an SSD, that's a whole other thing)
1a) put desired music on music TF card in proper tesla format. Note, some of it is not music, but boring training audio, so yeah, can't just stream that unless i bring and reuse my prior nano. ditto kindle fire i would keep for transmitting audio books. may have to consider usb-c splitter, for power and for data with the music.
2) ordered external EZ Pass mount for license area (i know, I know, some folks remove their front plates)
3) started emptying out my old car - removing a cell phone charging mod, starting to empty out my accumulated stuff
4) trying to sell old car to various sites, and reactivated trade in options with Tesla
5) seeing about boosting my kid's spotify single user student account to full monty for the family (okay, for me!)
6) opened DCU accounts, seeing about loan from them
7) forwarded VIN to the new insurance carrier i actually switched to yesterday, no moss here!
8) clear bay in garage, was going to put away ladder I used to replace door opener light, but remembered will need to get up there for homelink anyway
9) light work schedule if possible on anticpated pick up date -and seriously, maybe every 2 days thereafter in case the car is delayed
10) set a soft appointment for ceramic coating - i decided against PPF. I am undecided about window tint, be great to get both done at once
11) ordered chemical guys fabric protectant, and plan to "ceramic" coat the white seats and fabrics night i get home
12) i found some stuff to 3d print, nothing incredible, some charging wire "organizers" and a tesla parking sign i'll print for me and my neighbor. as time goes on i predict there will be additional organizers to be printed. still looking for jack circles to print for the refresh.

I plan to print out and maybe add to the delivery checklist, adding things like "check QI charging, check USB installed, and if i remember, i'll put on the list and maybe seriously bring a post it onto the middle of the yoke to raise the car before my driveway. i think i'll also add "bring hand held ez pass" and stick it out the window if needed, don't remember if i hit tolls going/coming back to dealership or not.

That's pretyy much what I have now, what prompted me to post this was thinking about all the piddly little things, like making sure I had spotify set up. I have been prepping music at home including moving my itunes library to my new NAS, etc. - so each thing i want to get done for the car may have 5 things that need to be done before it....

if anyone has any suggestions, can add to this, or can use this "guide" I'd love to hear about it! I also may add to it as i think of things. hey, if i'm not checking for a VIN all the time, I have to put my nervous energy somewhere, or, yikes, actually work!!!!!

Reactions: hazeleyes
Hi all,
I've already started checking the app less since I received my VIN yesterday. Yes, making sure it didn't go away!
So far, I've done a few things in anticipation of my new baby:

Lololol ... you sound EXACTLY like me 😂

Okay, I've got one for you: have you customized your phone's home screen yet?

2D94716E-3DE8-4770-A780-CCC18D40E1F4.jpeg

Reactions: IamGaryGnu
Lololol ... you sound EXACTLY like me 😂

Okay, I've got one for you: have you customized your phone's home screen yet?

View attachment 745288
a man after my own heart. i didn't customize the start page, but i DID shift my current car's app off the front page of my phone last week, and DID customize the photo in the Tesla app of my family...baby steps! but now my home page has something to aspire to! :)

Reactions: hazeleyes
looks like i got the loan locked down - whew! will be traveling soon, need this squared away.
also interesting, i finally got hte insurance card today with the vin...and no place to enter it. i guess T doesn't care anymore.
They do -- my delivery center double checked my insurance when I was on the phone with them today. You upload a copy of the insurance card in the "pre-delivery tasks" section of the app.

i am currently waiting on delivery, scheduled for 28 December.
Here was my rough checklist, some done after the fact.

1. Decide to order a Tesla. We took a MY home for the night, the second we left the parking spot, I decided to order.
2. Decide which Tesla to order… settled on a Model S LR, MSM, Cream, 21” wheels.
3. Sold my car… looked into Carvana, Tesla trade-in, Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. Sold it on Facebook.
4. Acquired initial preapproval for loan. Went through my bank (USAA) for a preapproval.
5. Changed my order to a Plaid.
6. Received delivery date range. This started the installation of charging receptacle.
7. Received VIN.
8. Finalized financing. Shopped around DCU, USAA, Navy Credit Union and Tesla. Settled on USAA.
9. Shopped insurance. Settled on Safeco. Insurance starts 5 days prior to delivery.
10. Made down payment through Tesla app.
11. Uploaded Insurance card (with VIN) to Tesla App.
12. Emailed copy of Funding Letter to Tesla Support.
13. Made appointment for protective film and window tint.
14. Wait for delivery. I’m currently on step 14.
15. Delivery day, inspect car, annotate issues, if accepting, accept on Tesla app.
16. Set up appointment with Tesla service to correct issues found during delivery.

i am currently waiting on delivery, scheduled for 28 December.
Here was my rough checklist, some done after the fact.

1. Decide to order a Tesla. We took a MY home for the night, the second we left the parking spot, I decided to order.
2. Decide which Tesla to order… settled on a Model S LR, MSM, Cream, 21” wheels.
3. Sold my car… looked into Carvana, Tesla trade-in, Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. Sold it on Facebook.
4. Acquired initial preapproval for loan. Went through my bank (USAA) for a preapproval.
5. Changed my order to a Plaid.
6. Received delivery date range. This started the installation of charging receptacle.
7. Received VIN.
8. Finalized financing. Shopped around DCU, USAA, Navy Credit Union and Tesla. Settled on USAA.
9. Shopped insurance. Settled on Safeco. Insurance starts 5 days prior to delivery.
10. Made down payment through Tesla app.
11. Uploaded Insurance card (with VIN) to Tesla App.
12. Emailed copy of Funding Letter to Tesla Support.
13. Made appointment for protective film and window tint.
14. Wait for delivery. I’m currently on step 14.
15. Delivery day, inspect car, annotate issues, if accepting, accept on Tesla app.
16. Set up appointment with Tesla service to correct issues found during delivery.
You should do number 16 first!
meanwhile, add to my list, keep,checking for new or restored vin, waaah, monkey took it away.
also,I (maybe we) need to print the OG check list and familiarize.
if I sell 3rd party, I can do that any time.
if I trade in to Tesla, I’m limited on that stuff. With scammers and nonsense I’m leaning towards trade in. If I Trusted Tesla I could sell on day after I get car. Um, when is that, and how reliable?
if I trade in and my family isn’t waiting, I could take an hour or more to dial in the settings. Otherwise, at home.
I expect to put home into gps at sc.
do I need a chatting cable? Yes, qi charging, but if I have to use Waze in the phone, I would like power.
i don’t want rain or snow, want clear lane markings for autopilot. But, can’t control weather…
still excited and if they change my vin, I’m sure a confident one will drop soon. I wanted first week of january, I suspect and expect that, same or new vin.
i do miss it saying my 2022 in the app with the vin though.
sigh.

You should do number 16 first!
meanwhile, add to my list, keep,checking for new or restored vin, waaah, monkey took it away.
also,I (maybe we) need to print the OG check list and familiarize.
if I sell 3rd party, I can do that any time.
if I trade in to Tesla, I’m limited on that stuff. With scammers and nonsense I’m leaning towards trade in. If I Trusted Tesla I could sell on day after I get car. Um, when is that, and how reliable?
if I trade in and my family isn’t waiting, I could take an hour or more to dial in the settings. Otherwise, at home.
I expect to put home into gps at sc.
do I need a chatting cable? Yes, qi charging, but if I have to use Waze in the phone, I would like power.
i don’t want rain or snow, want clear lane markings for autopilot. But, can’t control weather…
still excited and if they change my vin, I’m sure a confident one will drop soon. I wanted first week of january, I suspect and expect that, same or new vin.
i do miss it saying my 2022 in the app with the vin though.
sigh.

I hear ya. When I pay for the taxes and registration, I'm gonna wish I had traded in my car.
I'll wait to see if I actually have USB ports, or if they're missing and intend to be installed later before i buy another cable, LOL.