Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Netflix and... Charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kermee

It's Not Easy Being Green
Jul 31, 2018
WA, BC & HKG
Not sure how I missed this a couple days ago... Though I'm sure most people would rather have Version 9 right now.

Elon Musk on Twitter

l7AkMP3.png

Reactions: Dana1
When I stopped at a certain* Supercharger a few months ago, a Tesla engineer was on-site. We got to talking and he showed me the equipment behind the fenced-in area, particularly the cellular data transceivers—multiple ones. Then he mentioned something about wifi coming to this site so people charging could watch movies etc. Nothing’s happened since but I suspect it’s related to this recent Elon tidbit.

*not gonna say which location; don’t wanna get engineer in trouble

Reactions: Kermee
When I stopped at a certain* Supercharger a few months ago, a Tesla engineer was on-site. We got to talking and he showed me the equipment behind the fenced-in area, particularly the cellular data transceivers—multiple ones. Then he mentioned something about wifi coming to this site so people charging could watch movies etc. Nothing’s happened since but I suspect it’s related to this recent Elon tidbit.

*not gonna say which location; don’t wanna get engineer in trouble

thats right bro, stay quiet and keep me safe! hahahaha

There's a lot of states with prohibitions about what can be viewed from the driver seat. Since one of the features that have been mentioned is that the car doesn't have different modes when driving, this would break that rule.
Maybe this is what the games are designed for.

There's a lot of states with prohibitions about what can be viewed from the driver seat. Since one of the features that have been mentioned is that the car doesn't have different modes when driving, this would break that rule.
Maybe this is what the games are designed for.

Would be only when parked. Tesla could go a step further and allow this only when charging.

Heck. I can watch dvd movies in my 2010 Infiniti G when in park and I put a DVD in.

Problem is, once the capability is there, hackers will find a back door to make it work when not in park or while charging.
That applies to every car with this capability and there are a ton that can do this.

Would be only when parked. Tesla could go a step further and allow this only when charging.

Heck. I can watch dvd movies in my 2010 Infiniti G when in park and I put a DVD in.
Yup, same with my Highlander I just sold.