Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Netflix App to leave Teslas (UPDATE: not true, disregard)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received an email that Netflix will not work in Tesla’s starting December 1st 2019 because of technical limitations.
What the hell is that all about??? We just got the update in the 10.0 update. When I called Netflix they told me this is true. The Netflix app will not work in Tesla after December 1st 2019!! I am wondering if it has something to do with Tesla starting to charge for data plans??

Here is the email:

We wanted to let you know that a device you recently watched Netflix on will no longer be available after December 1st, 2019, due to technical limitations. The impacted device will display a message when you open Netflix to remind you of this upcoming change.
You can still enjoy Netflix with our latest features on many TV devices as well as phones, tablets, and computers. Please visit netflix.com/compatibledevices for our complete device list.
We're here to help if you need it. Visit the Help Center for more info or contact us.
–Your friends at Netflix

Just received an email that Netflix will not work in Tesla’s starting December 1st 2019 because of technical limitations.
What the hell is that all about??? We just got the update in the 10.0 update. When I called Netflix they told me this is true. The Netflix app will not work in Tesla after December 1st 2019!! I am wondering if it has something to do with Tesla starting to charge for data plans??

Here is the email:

We wanted to let you know that a device you recently watched Netflix on will no longer be available after December 1st, 2019, due to technical limitations. The impacted device will display a message when you open Netflix to remind you of this upcoming change.
You can still enjoy Netflix with our latest features on many TV devices as well as phones, tablets, and computers. Please visit netflix.com/compatibledevices for our complete device list.
We're here to help if you need it. Visit the Help Center for more info or contact us.
–Your friends at Netflix
Did you try to watch Netflix with wifi or lte of lte if lte try with wifi it's possible the problem is the download speed.

Here is the email:

–Your friends at Netflix

Which tesla do you have, and are you 100% sure with no chance of variability at all that netflix was not used on "some other device" other than your tesla thats old? I use netflix in my car, on LTE, and have not received such a message, and "the google" shows ZERO reports of this.

There is ZERO chance that something this big would not be reported all over the place, so either OP is on bleeding edge of this notification.... or OP is making a mistake and there is some other device on their account that is being flagged. My bet would be on the later, not the former.

Nice find. Now, OP, do you have any roku devices on your netflix account (or does someone anyone you are sharing your account with?)

If so, please post so, and also please report your post to the mods here so they can change the title of your post since you wont be able to do so.

EDIT:... I just noticed that OP said he "called netflix". So OP are you saying that netflix told you, that it would "no longer work in TESLAs?"

Status
Not open for further replies.