Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Netflix causes black screen-sets air to 32F

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8E06B768-4A65-4D16-8EE2-3F019FD37078.jpeg
51B9F3C1-BEA3-443C-9F22-0445FB7B8D94.jpeg
So this happened to me on the day I bought the car at the service center. Had the wife in the car and was playing with the features. I selected Netflix and the screen blanked, air set to 32F at full fan speed. Car totally unresponsive. Reset fixed it. Was told by the SC it was due to the fact my car had not been “provisioned” to me yet. Last night I decided to try it again. Same thing. Today tried it one more time (this time connected to wifi). Same thing. Teslafi caught the climate control change. Set up a service appointment. Anyone else see this happen? It happened both on version 22.44.25 and 22.39.102.

I pushed my appointment back since LA County is having an explosion of COVID cases and it's not a critical thing right now. However, after the 2020.48.10 software upgrade, it now works. But I have the slight white line now on the right of my screen like @jmatero. I will update the ticket to state that, but maybe I will wait a little to see if a new OTA fixes that issue as well.

Did you ever have any resolution? I have the same behavior on my new MY - every time I exit Netflix, it either reboots the car itself, or requires a manual reboot after sitting there with a blank screen for several minutes. Last night was the worst - it rebooted itself, then navigation couldn’t initialize, so I then had to reboot manually - 10 minutes gone for a quick New Girl fix for my daughter (don’t get me wrong, I love watching the show with her, just that it doesn’t make me very happy every time my car is basically non-functional).
Would love to hear the outcome of your service appointment; I am hesitant to book a mobile service, when I imagine it’s just a software issue.

Did you ever have any resolution? I have the same behavior on my new MY - every time I exit Netflix, it either reboots the car itself, or requires a manual reboot after sitting there with a blank screen for several minutes. Last night was the worst - it rebooted itself, then navigation couldn’t initialize, so I then had to reboot manually - 10 minutes gone for a quick New Girl fix for my daughter (don’t get me wrong, I love watching the show with her, just that it doesn’t make me very happy every time my car is basically non-functional).
Would love to hear the outcome of your service appointment; I am hesitant to book a mobile service, when I imagine it’s just a software issue.

I made a service center appointment. Then mysteriously it was cancelled. I had a software update so I tried it again and so far Netflix works perfectly. Either someone fixed it remotely or the software update fixed it.