Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Netflix region over LTE?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was sat charging and started watching Netflix, decided when I got home I would finish the movie I had stated on my tv. However I was unable to as the movie didn’t exist. So I was wondering what region Netflix does my model 3 use over LTE?

Was sat charging and started watching Netflix, decided when I got home I would finish the movie I had stated on my tv. However I was unable to as the movie didn’t exist. So I was wondering what region Netflix does my model 3 use over LTE?

Usually the UK Model 3s have a Dutch eSIM, so as far as online services are concerned they think the car is in The Netherlands.

I have only recently realised that the Dutch eSIM means that I can't get BBC podcasts in Spotify, which is a pain...

I know connecting to a WiFi hotspot is a workaround, but strange Tesla can't/won't use a UK provider for the eSIM...

Usually the UK Model 3s have a Dutch eSIM, so as far as online services are concerned they think the car is in The Netherlands.
Not a complete answer as TuneIn behaves as though it’s in the U.K. and suffers the major restriction of lack of access to non U.K. stations e.g. FIP). VPN access via Netherlands on my phone gives me access to many more stations (including FIP) not available on the Tesla.

Not a complete answer as TuneIn behaves as though it’s in the U.K. and suffers the major restriction of lack of access to non U.K. stations e.g. FIP). VPN access via Netherlands on my phone gives me access to many more stations (including FIP) not available on the Tesla.
Unless that has changed recently, I didn't find that to be the case - I tried to listen to a football match on Talksport 2 via TuneIn (not available via DAB at the time), just to get the message "This broadcast is not available in your region". (My SIM comes up as being from a Spanish provider, by the way - 3G old tech).

Unless that has changed recently, I didn't find that to be the case - I tried to listen to a football match on Talksport 2 via TuneIn (not available via DAB at the time), just to get the message "This broadcast is not available in your region". (My SIM comes up as being from a Spanish provider, by the way - 3G old tech).

When I collected my M3LR in September last year apparently it was a bit of a lottery whether you got the Spanish SIM or a Dutch SIM (mine's Dutch)
I thought there were problems, tail end of last year, which Tesla fixed by converting all(?) of the Spanish eSIMs to Dutch ones.
Or did that only apply to M3s?

When I collected my M3LR in September last year apparently it was a bit of a lottery whether you got the Spanish SIM or a Dutch SIM (mine's Dutch)
I thought there were problems, tail end of last year, which Tesla fixed by converting all(?) of the Spanish eSIMs to Dutch ones.
Or did that only apply to M3s?
I think the LTE/4G are Dutch but the older 3G (typically in pre 2016 MS and MX cars)are Spanish.

I have only recently realised that the Dutch eSIM means that I can't get BBC podcasts in Spotify, which is a pain...

I know connecting to a WiFi hotspot is a workaround, but strange Tesla can't/won't use a UK provider for the eSIM...
The only provider I know of that's UK based and allows cross-network roaming is Manx Telecom.. the main UK providers strictly lock their SIMs to their own networks, which would create deadspots as the cars travelled around, let alone across europe..