Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Netherlands and Germany - huge price difference

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Comparing the prices of Model Y today - Netherlands 66995 EUR, Germany 57970 EUR. Part of the 9025 EUR difference is accounted via:
- 2372 EUR due to VAT 21% vs 19%
- 25 EUR Recyclingsbijdrage - only in Netherlands
- 2500 EUR Einschl. 2.500 € Umweltbonus (netto) - only in Germany
- BPM for electric cars is 0% to my knowledge
- Import tax between EU countries is 0% to my knowledge

4103 EUR difference remain unexplained. Does anybody know?
- do cars in the Netherlands get more features in the base configuration?
- are there other fees/taxes due when you register a 'foreign delivered' vehicle?
- something else?

No explanation found at Tesla Model 3 from Norway to Netherlands and buying tesla in Germany to be used in Netherlands. has anyone tried?

Netherlands Model Y price.png
Germany Model Y price.png

Long shot but :
I know in the past (2021) they dropped prices for the 3 up to 3500 euro’s. (Also inf FR but never in BE or NL)
Maybe to keep price parity for the local market when they introduced the Y?

(FYI: NL has the same price as BE and even less estimated fuel saving 😠)

Could be. Then, is there a problem for a person to buy in Germany and then move and register the car in the Netherlands? Any extra fees (except the 2% VAT difference)? Any other issues (warranty coverage or something else)?

I would guess it is the Umweltbonus including both the part of the manufacturer and the government. According to your table, the maximum price before the bonus is 65.000. If you substract 7.500 euro, you end up with almost the exact price of the car. If the customer would be able to claim an additional subsidy, Tesla would make sure it is mentioned on is website.

But look on the bright side, you will have 5.000 euro additional fuel savings in the Netherlands versus Germany 😀

• Funny
Reactions: Hbrink and Tuhhje
Nope, search the forum. Done it before. Tesla just has different pricing per country.........
Searching I found only the two links in my initial message here.

I would guess it is the Umweltbonus including both the part of the manufacturer and the government. According to your table, the maximum price before the bonus is 65.000. If you substract 7.500 euro, you end up with almost the exact price of the car. If the customer would be able to claim an additional subsidy, Tesla would make sure it is mentioned on is website.

But look on the bright side, you will have 5.000 euro additional fuel savings in the Netherlands versus Germany 😀
On the bottom of the screenshots is shown the Umweltbonus Herstelleranteil - even after adding that there is still a mismatch. Do you think Tesla prices include also the Bundesanteil Umweltbonus, but don't show it?

Hey do you have any update on this? I live in the Netherlands too and noticed that the price for a MYP in Netherlands and Germany was about 5000 euro difference. I wonder if there is any problem with me just ordering and picking it up in Germany, as this is the listed base price. And when I go to register it and pay taxes, pay Netherlands VAT. Any help would be appreciated, I'm considering ordering soon.

Hey do you have any update on this? I live in the Netherlands too and noticed that the price for a MYP in Netherlands and Germany was about 5000 euro difference. I wonder if there is any problem with me just ordering and picking it up in Germany, as this is the listed base price. And when I go to register it and pay taxes, pay Netherlands VAT. Any help would be appreciated, I'm considering ordering soon.
In Germany government incentives are included in the price. You need to be registered in Germany to be able to receive these.