Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Network Maintenance Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this email:

We are performing network maintenance from Monday, May 28, 2018 at 9pm PDT to Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 2am PDT, and would like to inform all owners that there may be intermittent disruption to the Tesla app during this time. We recommend that owners keep their key fobs and key cards on hand. We apologize for any inconvenience.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
Maybe they are *finally* moving things to AWS.... one can hope!

And the announcement is standard practice for any IT manager who can plan outages and still wants a job the next day. JFC. (When you have an outage and pass it off as planned maintenance, that was the last straw!)

IMHO this is a welcome operational change, that Tesla is actually announcing a downtime before it happens. It's standard practice for many network services, and I'm glad to see them adopting this as well.

Bruce.
Agreed. The last [planned?] network maintenance that impacted owners worldwide was a mess. An advanced notice (even if less than 24 hours in advance) is a welcome step forward.

Reactions: dankim
Good notice.

Attachments

• 8E0E7616-BDBB-4150-A485-FFFB50467729.jpeg
    8E0E7616-BDBB-4150-A485-FFFB50467729.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 112
Nothing in Australia Tuesday morning 7am, 29th May. Of course we are about 17 hours ahead...
14 hours ahead of UTC.
It would make more sense if their announcements were in UTC.
Begins from 2pm in Sydney Australia 29/5/18. (AEST).

Last edited:
With less than 24 hours notice, this just isn't professional. I could have already left the hour earlier today and not taken my key card. If it is indeed routine maintenance, then there should be many days advance notice.

This is the very first advance outage warning Tesla has given in the three years I've been an owner. I'd say they've taken a huge step forward. I agree with you that there's room for improvement (possibly depending on circumstances that we're not aware of), but maybe they're just organizationally learning this stuff. I'm a proponent of praising process improvements in hopes of continued betterment, not just complaining because they didn't go far enough according to some arbitrary ideal.

Maybe this is just a glass half full / glass half empty kind of thing, in which case I'll just say...

Peace...

Bruce.

"We are performing network maintenance from Monday, May 28, 2018 at 12am EDT to Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 5am EDT, and would like to inform all owners that there may be intermittent disruption to the Tesla app during this time. We recommend that owners keep their key fobs and key cards on hand. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Would this have anything to do with the conversations about doing away with the FOB and using bluetooth signal from phone? I am not that technical, so just looking for some insight as to what they might be improving - if anything?!