Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Network problem today 5/1/18

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

David.85D

Oct 29, 2016
USA
No LTE connection for me today. No slacker, no App connection to car. This is different than the slacker outage over the weekend.

Called support. Said it was a known network issue and they are working on it.

I had frozen GPS position and no auto headlights or autopilot this morning. Since this is not the first time this has happened and since my nearest SC is 4 hours away I thought I should make a report in order to document occurrences. Although it seems to resolve after the car is parked a while, my understanding is that some people have been having the driver assistance module (AP) replaced and other such things due to this issue over the last year or so.

Anyway I called and experienced the super long wait time.

They of course mentioned the LTE outage but I do not think that this was the reason for my particular trouble. The dash indicated LTE service and Slacker was working fine for my whole drive. At the place where I made the call I was connected via WiFi. In any case, even when there is no cellular connection the arrow on the map still moves, auto headlights work, AP lane markings work, etc.

Should I call again on this issue?