Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Neurio reports incorrect consumption data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello folks,

I have Tesla solar (no PW) with a Neurio device installed to monitor production and consumption data.
My house has 2 electrical panels:
1) Main panel (all major appliances, Air conditioning etc.)
2) Sub panel (garage, EV charger, solar & Neurio).

The Neurio device is installed in the sub-panel. The problem is that the Neurio only detects consumption for items in the sub-panel. For example, the Neurio can track consumption of the EV charger since it is on the sub-panel, but not of the AC units (which are on the main panel). Since the entire main panel consumption is ignored, the data reported by Neurio is too low (off by 60-70% compared to the data reported by my utility provider).
Has anyone else run into this ? I suspect the Neurio is incorrectly hooked up, but I wanted to check with experts here before I try to contact Tesla support.

panels.jpg

Of course, if you want the Neurio to measure all your consumption it has to be installed close to the meter.
You appear to have a main panel similar to mine. However, I only have one main breaker installed while you have two. It may not be possible to have the standard Neurio installation measure both panels. However, using multiple sets of CTs and either using the correct Y cable or configuring it to sum all 4 inputs could give you the total measurement.

Here's a picture of the CTs in my main panel. The Neurio is in the Powerwall Gateway 1.

IMG_0559.jpg

Reactions: squashmeister
Hello folks,

I have Tesla solar (no PW) with a Neurio device installed to monitor production and consumption data.
My house has 2 electrical panels:
1) Main panel (all major appliances, Air conditioning etc.)
2) Sub panel (garage, EV charger, solar & Neurio).

The Neurio device is installed in the sub-panel. The problem is that the Neurio only detects consumption for items in the sub-panel. For example, the Neurio can track consumption of the EV charger since it is on the sub-panel, but not of the AC units (which are on the main panel). Since the entire main panel consumption is ignored, the data reported by Neurio is too low (off by 60-70% compared to the data reported by my utility provider).
Has anyone else run into this ? I suspect the Neurio is incorrectly hooked up, but I wanted to check with experts here before I try to contact Tesla support.

View attachment 671509
I have a sub-panel just very small with my A/C and a couple of other feeds. Do you have a pic of what’s next to the meter or where the power feeds from? I have a junction box where Tesla split the power. That box I was told would be replaced if I got a Powerwall with the PW gateway. In any case my Neurio device is connected in that box close to where the grid power starts.

F3AAC121-2122-4B01-AA8C-5F20D7261F32.jpeg

Reactions: squashmeister