Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Neurio Wifi antenna inside panel in new untested install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New customer here,
I just open my panel and and saw the Neurio Wifi antenna is installed inside the panel., and the antenna is not placed outside the panel.

Is this normal or just poor quality install.
Should i ask for a fix, as i am going to relocate my router soon.
Also Tesla says , u can eest it , by powering on the system.
They say there is no way for me to check if its working or not , until they say my utility will give permission to operate

I did use it for 2 full days ..., but Tesla app is missing my solar

Normal. I can only speak to a gateway 1 but I'll make a safe assumption that the gateway 2 is the same.
The installer placed my whit like antenna outside, visible on my picture between the 2 white boxes.
OP, not sure you want to open up the cover but if the cable inside is long enough, you may be able to use on of the knockout to remount it.
I had an issue with the antenna on my current sensor inside a sub panel so they came out and mounted it so it was in the wall cavity, not inside a metal box.

Adding to this, i don't have Powerwall, only the Tesla inverter.

Why did they install this. This will give data for whole house energy consumption. its installed to main cables.
The inverter will have its own solar production. it has its own connectivity. This is like a free grift
But nothing is really free. Why is Tesla installing this for non powerwall customers ?

New customer here,
I just open my panel and and saw the Neurio Wifi antenna is installed inside the panel., and the antenna is not placed outside the panel.

Is this normal or just poor quality install.
Should i ask for a fix, as i am going to relocate my router soon.
Also Tesla says , u can eest it , by powering on the system.
They say there is no way for me to check if its working or not , until they say my utility will give permission to operate

I did use it for 2 full days ..., but Tesla app is missing my solar
The Neurio device will most likely work fine with the Antenna inside of the beaker box depending on how close it is to the inverter. I'm sure they tested it because it needs to be paired with the inverter. This device does not interface with your home based WiFi. It connects directly to one Tesla inverter to provide home consumption (nice to have). If for some reason you don't want it just turn if off or have it removed. It is not necessary for the operation of the system at all. From what I've seen (my self included) most love having the device and some didn't get one at all. I'm waiting on my local utility to provide the same information as the Neurio device for solar customers. I have two meters so they have the capability to enable a solution like this now.

Yes, without PTO somethings just simply will not report correctly. I could see the solar generation but that about it.