Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nevada Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@qdubb254 Congrats!

if you are looking for a tint place, Lusso in Henderson installed my tint and PPF.

D7D9DC7F-A7AA-4DCD-AC65-0E5ED8DAF48B.jpeg

For those of you that have taken delivery in the last couple of weeks, just an FYI, I received the report of sale from TeslaDMVNV roughly two weeks after I took delivery and though you are able to register online for standard plates, surprisingly, I got a same day appointment with the dmv for VGK plates. You just have to check each DMV location and refresh the page to find an appointment.

Registration was something like ~$950 but I had a credit that was applied from previous vehicle so YMMV.

@its duke just under $7500 after tax.

I received quotes from a number of different places in town and decided to go with Lusso because they can also wash the car going forward at the summerlin location, they were competitive compared to others I received quotes from (Detailers, wrap shops, and the Xpel dealer) plus they work on luxury brands and were involved with Goldrush Rally, so I decided to go with them. They indicated I was the first Model Y they have worked on so pricing may vary.

For those of you that have taken delivery in the last couple of weeks, just an FYI, I received the report of sale from TeslaDMVNV roughly two weeks after I took delivery and though you are able to register online for standard plates, surprisingly, I got a same day appointment with the dmv for VGK plates. You just have to check each DMV location and refresh the page to find an appointment.

Registration was something like ~$950 but I had a credit that was applied from previous vehicle so YMMV.
i have made an appointment at the henderson dmv i have to do mines in person to get my military discount only way to avoid paying the big bucks like you guys lol.....good thing i scheduled it like last month for the end of this month cause most DMV'S are booked out until like January

Man it’s lonely in here.

Ordered my Y on June 27th with expected delivery date of September 8th-28th for Las Vegas. Still haven’t been given a VIN yet:

Long Range All-Wheel Drive
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
20’’ Induction Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Tow Hitch

Reactions: Lounanne
Man it’s lonely in here.

Ordered my Y on June 27th with expected delivery date of September 8th-28th for Las Vegas. Still haven’t been given a VIN yet:

Long Range All-Wheel Drive
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
20’’ Induction Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Tow Hitch
I'm waiting until next year unless something happens to my current vehicle (and with drivers here that's a real possibility. Probably by next March at the latest. Still torn between MSM and red but I think I'm going with red.

I'm waiting until next year unless something happens to my current vehicle (and with drivers here that's a real possibility. Probably by next March at the latest. Still torn between MSM and red but I think I'm going with red.
If you order now, you’ll probably get it sometime next year with the current wait times. I saw the red in person with the black wheels and like it, that was my other choice.

If you order now, you’ll probably get it sometime next year with the current wait times. I saw the red in person with the black wheels and like it, that was my other choice.
Wait times are saying 4-8 weeks. Even if I waited as long as some of the people with orders from April, it would still be too soon for my liking. Although gas prices keep going up so that may just spur me to get it sooner.

Still waiting. My details are previously posted ordering 5/8.

The car was for my wife and the delivery expectation went to September for a few weeks causing my wife to get fed up and buy herself an I-Pace last week (beautiful car).

No sooner did she bring the iPace home that the dates changed to 7/11 - 7/29. We’ll see what happens Monday which is the 11th as I’ve decided to go through with it and keep it for myself. If I don’t like it I can probably sell it for more given the current state of used car sales and not to mention the tax rebate which I fully expect to pass at some point.

Had it not originally been for her, I would have sprung for the performance and possibly white interior but that’s ok. No big deal.

That said, come inspection day upon delivery, I’m not going to put up with any tomfoolery on quality etc. I like the company and Elon, and I have a CHUNK of change in shares, but, but I’m not a fan boy either and expect a level of quality for a car that’s been on the market for nearly two years and over $50K.

T.

Still waiting. My details are previously posted ordering 5/8.

The car was for my wife and the delivery expectation went to September for a few weeks causing my wife to get fed up and buy herself an I-Pace last week (beautiful car).

No sooner did she bring the iPace home that the dates changed to 7/11 - 7/29. We’ll see what happens Monday which is the 11th as I’ve decided to go through with it and keep it for myself. If I don’t like it I can probably sell it for more given the current state of used car sales and not to mention the tax rebate which I fully expect to pass at some point.

Had it not originally been for her, I would have sprung for the performance and possibly white interior but that’s ok. No big deal.

That said, come inspection day upon delivery, I’m not going to put up with any tomfoolery on quality etc. I like the company and Elon, and I have a CHUNK of change in shares, but, but I’m not a fan boy either and expect a level of quality for a car that’s been on the market for nearly two years and over $50K.

T.

You could deifinitly sell it for more money. According to the CarFax report, Findlay VW in Vegas is selling a Model Y that was purchased brand new from Tesla just last month (June 2021) for $64,500: Pre-Owned 2021 Tesla Model Y Long Range AWD 4D Sport Utility

My Model Y I have on order has all the upgrades (except FSD) and still is cheaper than this used car for sale; even after taxes.

You could deifinitly sell it for more money. According to the CarFax report, Findlay VW in Vegas is selling a Model Y that was purchased brand new from Tesla just last month (June 2021) for $64,500: Pre-Owned 2021 Tesla Model Y Long Range AWD 4D Sport Utility

My Model Y I have on order has all the upgrades (except FSD) and still is cheaper than this used car for sale; even after taxes.
Yep. If I don’t fall in love with it, that’s the plan. Get it registered and formally owned then flip it and hope the EV tax credit gets approved for another $10K off my taxes.