Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

never ending issues and tesla's awful reponse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
old thread
Mt. Kisco Service experience and what Tesla "DID" to rectify the situation at Pittsburgh SVC (Stand by their product & promise) | Tesla

new thread reposted here

After all the work performed on my car I continue to have the same issues and now have new issues. Today (9/6/2017) they will be picking my car up again (only 2 weeks later) to take it back tp Pittsburgh for further repairs.

Going to back to yesterday, I called Christian Newcomb (CPO Advisor) about the better offer Tesla would be making for my car because of the past, ongoing and mounting issues. His words were I can't speak to service issues, but later in our conversation he had something to say about service (which I found very odd). Christian was supposed to call me but never did. As a matter of fact, Albert the regional manager was supposed to call me and never did, but he did text me a full week later after he said he will send me the contact info right now, but never did.

So I called Christian and was told the remarketing manager feels the offer is solid and will not lower the offer after I had driven 9,000 miles after the offer. The offer for my car is a full $10k lower than kbb, nada and auto-trader. At this point I was not happy, because he knew I'm going to drive the car (common sense) and still came back with the exact same offer. The last time we spoke, he said the car's value had been lowered by adding the next gen seats instead of the original seats because it effected the vin. I thought about that statement for a few days and realized this guy is clueless. I know for a fact Tesla offered these seats as a retro-fit to anyone that owned a Model S that didn't have the next gen seats for $5000. When I spoke to Christian yesterday, I mentioned he was wrong about the lowered value of my car because of the seats and in fact it brought the value up and his response was "yes, I know".

His explanation for the offer was "we will not be selling your car". This statement told me my car is a problem and it's not something they want to deal with any more. In fact he made the same statement last week by say "we will not sell your car, it will be a service loaner or be auctioned off". The tesla used inventory at the time showed P85+ vehicles for $60k with over 65000 miles (like my car). My response was "how is this my problem? you made me and my wife a crash test dummy for over a year and now you're crying poverty to me?

I tell him it's obvious I have to do something I have never done in my life and contact an attorney about this matter and hand him/her all of my recorded phone calls and service records. He then says I can't speak to you if you're recording this call and I say "why are you concerned about a recorded conversation, are you hiding something or lying to me?" he said no and we continued.

After he admitted this car is a problem vehicle that cannot be sold any longer, he says service cannot replicate your issue. So now he is speaking to service issues.... I explained I sent you and service quite a few recordings of the issue and to replicate the issue you must drive for a while (which was explained to service). This is not to mention that the ranger inspection (last week) showed the control arms were in fact bad and wondered why no one saw this while in service and also mentioned the toe links may be an issue also. The ranger was amazed that my 21 inch rear tires (new) were down to 6/32nds on the inside and 8.5/32nds on the outside after only 1200 miles and my last set was worn in 4500 mile.

The odd thing about all this is Albert (regional manager) and Christian (CPO Advisor) said all along they would fight for me to get a better offer and clearly they did nothing. Albert has been useless to say the least. Christian has been a typical used car salesman and yesterday I told him to cancel the P90D purchase and it went silent for a second.

The stupidity behind these decisions is very simple. They offered me $38.8k for a car they sell for $60k and I asked for $45k (market average) and because they will not meet that number, they will continue to spend thousands towing the vehicle and repairing the vehicle and will surpass the difference in numbers. Not only that, they lost a sale, which clearly he was not happy about and now may have a big legal issue, because I have everything recorded.

I am truly sorry it has come to this, because most of you know I am a huge advocate for Tesla and it's mission and I will continue to be that. But it's obvious this issue has to be resolved in a different manner than just talk, which I have tried patiently (which they admit) for too long now.

The stupidity behind these decisions is very simple. They offered me $38.8k for a car they sell for $60k and I asked for $45k (market average) and because they will not meet that number, they will continue to spend thousands towing the vehicle and repairing the vehicle and will surpass the difference in numbers. Not only that, they lost a sale, which clearly he was not happy about and now may have a big legal issue, because I have everything recorded.

I am truly sorry it has come to this, because most of you know I am a huge advocate for Tesla and it's mission and I will continue to be that. But it's obvious this issue has to be resolved in a different manner than just talk, which I have tried patiently (which they admit) for too long now.

Wow, that's some bs. You were the person who referred me to Tesla and they have the short sightedness to play games? They are lowballing you. I'd consider a private sale if you have the inclination. P85+s are rare and a pure fun sport car driver will love it.

Reactions: neroden
Wow, that's some bs. You were the person who referred me to Tesla and they have the short sightedness to play games? They are lowballing you. I'd consider a private sale if you have the inclination. P85+s are rare and a pure fun sport car driver will love it.

thanks croman. I also referred someone last week and 2 more referrals/sales in queue. And I don't advertise or abuse my referral code, I speak to people I know or friends have their friends call me for information and my experience

I'm an early owner and love the car and my service center has always been great to me, but...this sort of stuff is probably why I won't buy the Model 3 and possibly won't buy a Tesla again. Tesla just flat out doesn't know how to, or doesn't care to prioritize, handling service and repairs. They're always short on parts, always short staffed, always have problems getting back to be people (because of being short staffed).

I expect the Model 3 will sell great for a while, then the reality that Tesla completely fails at post-sales support will create a growing negative sentiment and Tesla's image is going to be permanently tarnished.

I'm an early owner and love the car and my service center has always been great to me, but...this sort of stuff is probably why I won't buy the Model 3 and possibly won't buy a Tesla again. Tesla just flat out doesn't know how to, or doesn't care to prioritize, handling service and repairs. They're always short on parts, always short staffed, always have problems getting back to be people (because of being short staffed).

I expect the Model 3 will sell great for a while, then the reality that Tesla completely fails at post-sales support will create a growing negative sentiment and Tesla's image is going to be permanently tarnished.

This is just going to get exponentially worse with the M3 wide release, just the S/X's have already overwhelmed the SC's, it's not going to get any better with Musk's S curve...

Reactions: boonedocks
@JonMc -- this is an owner that has tremendously helped Tesla. See that he is at least treated fairly. Tesla hasn't quite gotten to the point where it can treat people like this without consequences. I shudder to think of what it will be like when Tesla is fully comfortable it can treat us like a toddler does to ants. I can feel it coming but Tesla's "warm fuzzies" are currently in jeopardy.

I know this sounds a little counter intuitive to start all over again, but find another SC and take your issues to them. The differences between the two SC in my area are like night and day. Maybe you'll get a better response at another location?

I know this sounds a little counter intuitive to start all over again, but find another SC and take your issues to them. The differences between the two SC in my area are like night and day. Maybe you'll get a better response at another location?

OP lives in Syracuse NY. Closest SC is Mt. Kisco which was horrible. Now they are taking his car to Pittsburgh because Kisco failed repeatedly and now Pittsburgh is failing. Can't win. My service center is Highland Park IL and they are awesome! So Tesla needs to take the staff from Highland Park (I hope they don't!) and put them in charge of these useless Service Centers. Then Tesla would have consistently great service across their centers. Consistency is key to meeting customer expectations.