Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New $1500 rebate for CA owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got approval for $2000
Bottom of California Clean Fuel Reward | EV Rebates and Incentives now says "*The $1,500 maximum reward amount is for vehicle sales completed by 11/1/21; beginning 11/2/21 the maximum reward will be $750".
I got approval for 2000$, I got my MY in May-21 and applied in June-21.

1634090067848.png

Last edited:
I got approval for $2000

I got approval for 2000$, I got my MY in May-21 and applied in June-21.

View attachment 720834
CVRP (Clean Vehicle Rebate Project), what you posted about is NOT the same as California Clean Fuel Reward | EV Rebates and Incentives.

The amounts are different. CVRP has all sorts of Eligibility Guidelines. CVRP has been around for many many years.

I have never qualified for CVRP (1st EV was a 24 month lease and I knew going in it wouldn't qualifed (36+ months required back then). 2nd EV was used so doesn't qualify. 3rd EV was new but the CVRP income cap was lowered by a LOT, so there's no way I'd qualify. I make too much $.)

Frequently Asked Questions | California Clean Fuel Reward is much newer and is point of sale and doesn't have those eligibility requirements.

Can we try to keep this post on-topic about California Clean Fuel Reward and not confuse things w/CVRP? CVRP discussion can go elsewhere.

Reactions: ucsdsig
Gotta live the disagree to my post 21. Why would you disagree? It's stated right at California Clean Fuel Reward | EV Rebates and Incentives. Again, please keep this thread on topic about California Clean Fuel Reward | EV Rebates and Incentives. This is a point of sale rebate with the amounts at Eligible Electric Cars | California Clean Fuel Reward (currently, $1500 for Tesla but will be dropping to a max of $750 for any vehicle on 11/2/21).

Per Frequently Asked Questions | California Clean Fuel Reward,
What if I bought my vehicle before the California Clean Fuel Reward was available?

Vehicles purchased before November 17, 2020 are not eligible for the California Clean Fuel Reward. If you purchased your vehicle prior to that date or you did not purchase at a participating retailer, we encourage you to visit your electric utility or the Additional Incentivespage as you may still be eligible for rewards.

Clean Vehicle Rebate Project is NOT that same and should be discussed in a CVRP thread. CVRP has different amounts (CVRP Eligible Vehicles), a different funding source, must be applied for by the driver/owner and has all sorts of Eligibility Guidelines.

CVRP began March 15, 2010 and actually started at $5,000 for a bit before going down to $2,500 and so on. See Clean Vehicle Rebate Project.

From Frequently Asked Questions | California Clean Fuel Reward
Does this program replace the California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP)?

No. The California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) continues to be available to qualifying consumers and businesses. Customers who are eligible for CVRP rebates can combine them with the California Clean Fuel Reward.

Last edited:
Nice, what range is your application number? A-XXX, just wondering how many more applications until they get to mine lol, guess I need to wait a month more.
How does your question relate to California Clean Fuel Reward | EV Rebates and Incentives ?

HOW TO SPOT YOUR SAVINGS​

Once you negotiate your best deal, be sure the participating automotive retailer applies the California Clean Fuel Reward. Your reward will be listed on the lease or purchase agreement—simply look for a “rebate/non-cash credits,” “EV incentive,” “manufacturer rebate,” or “other” line item—but it may be combined with automaker rebates.

And remember, any additional retailer services, warranties, or products you’ve agreed to may offset your savings. To be certain your reward was applied, ask your salesperson for an itemized list of the incentives included in your contract.

The reward is available to anyone who purchases or leases an eligible vehicle through a participating retailer. There are no income or location restrictions within California, but the vehicle must be registered in the state of California, and the customer must reside in California.

Note: Only vehicles purchased or leased from approved participating retailers are eligible for the California Clean Fuel Reward. If you purchased your vehicle before your retailer was approved in the program or if you did not purchase at a participating retailer, we encourage you to visit your electric utility or search Additional Incentives as you may still be eligible for rewards.