Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 20'' Two-Tone Slipstream Wheel Option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were going to have an install video live today however we’re in Houston and we had severe flooding. Our house flooded and the roads to our office are underwater. Video is delayed until early next week.

Any update on an install video? I'd be interested in watching the install process first and seeing the end result. Thanks!

Any update on an install video? I'd be interested in watching the install process first and seeing the end result. Thanks!

Me too! Would love to see an instruction prior to trying installing it myself.

Also, people who want to ship it to Europe, please be aware of the following: I've had to pay for the customs too (approx. $25) next to the shipping costs ($24) and product price ($49) which makes a total of $98.
This is just a heads-up for those that wants to ship it to Europe, the product itself looks really great and packaging is very nice too!

I did one wheel, left it on for a few days and ended up taking them off.

At a distance they were ok. But up close my brain couldn't get past them being stickers and not on perfectly.

The radius is not quite right on the stickers IMHO and it's very hard to put them on consistently (perfectly centered between the spoke).

A co-worker had an interesting suggestion. To offer a Dark Gray (like the Tesla Midnight Silver). It would have the same effect but not be so glaring to announce itself (and associated imperfections in installation) when closer. Just an interesting thought.

I don't regret trying them.

48822552766_5ea0d73c78_h_d.jpg

A co-worker had an interesting suggestion. To offer a Dark Gray (like the Tesla Midnight Silver). It would have the same effect but not be so glaring to announce itself (and associated imperfections in installation) when closer. Just an interesting thought.

I don't regret trying them.

The Matrix Black is a matte dark grey look and blends better, it would be my preference but everyone seems to order the Satin.

The Tesla option is Gloss and is way more glaring then the Satin, if you were not sold on the Satin i’d think you would not like the factory option either.

Just a note (personal annoyance) I actually don’t like the term “stickers” when talking about automotive vinyl. It’s durable and expensive material with a long life and calling it a sticker does not give the awesome work of the chemical engineers at 3M/Avery/Oracal justice.

Reactions: mswlogo
Me too! Would love to see an instruction prior to trying installing it myself.

Also, people who want to ship it to Europe, please be aware of the following: I've had to pay for the customs too (approx. $25) next to the shipping costs ($24) and product price ($49) which makes a total of $98.
This is just a heads-up for those that wants to ship it to Europe, the product itself looks really great and packaging is very nice too!

It’s crazy that they charge you 50% of the product price in customs. That does not seem fair at all.

The cheapest USPS international shipping to Europe for that size box is $24 I suggest ordering more products at the same time for people in Europe because we don’t charge extra for shipping more in the same box and it makes it more economical.

Pretty much my experience.

Your first one has dirt under it.
2nd one is crooked
3rd is to close to the edge.

Only 37 to go.

It needs a jig of some sort.

The way I installed these is with the wet method so I could easily position them. I used a light spray of the same foaming glass cleaner I used to clean the rims on the rim and back of the vinyl. I agree that the radius is a bit off, needs to be a larger. After positioning the pieces on the "flats" I let it dry overnight before wrapping them around the back side.

I agree that the radius is a bit off, needs to be larger. I put them a little further from the rim edge than 1/4 inch to fill the cavities. I'm very pleased with the result and customer service :)

Reactions: mswlogo