Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 20'' Two-Tone Slipstream Wheel Option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My decals arrived on Monday and I was able to put some time aside and install them. I was already going to paint the brake calipers so I figured it would be perfect to do while the wheels were off the car. I gave the wheels a really good cleaning before install so there wouldn’t be any dirt / residue issues.
The installation is simple enough. Since my wheels were going to be off for a full day I had a ton of time to make sure it was done right. If you really take your time and make sure everything is aligned right the results are pretty impressive.
I have to say, the idea of putting vinyl on my wheels sounded cheesy at first, but they look great. Even up close I’m really happy with them.
The wheels definitely appear larger now and fill out the car well. I’ve always liked the 22” wheels the best, but with a 75D I just can’t take a 10-15% mileage hit. Take a look and let me know your thoughts.
car.jpg
wheel.jpg

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 145
  • wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 103
My decals arrived on Monday and I was able to put some time aside and install them. I was already going to paint the brake calipers so I figured it would be perfect to do while the wheels were off the car. I gave the wheels a really good cleaning before install so there wouldn’t be any dirt / residue issues.
The installation is simple enough. Since my wheels were going to be off for a full day I had a ton of time to make sure it was done right. If you really take your time and make sure everything is aligned right the results are pretty impressive.
I have to say, the idea of putting vinyl on my wheels sounded cheesy at first, but they look great. Even up close I’m really happy with them.
The wheels definitely appear larger now and fill out the car well. I’ve always liked the 22” wheels the best, but with a 75D I just can’t take a 10-15% mileage hit. Take a look and let me know your thoughts.
View attachment 487751 View attachment 487750

Looks awesome!

Reactions: rbilramz
View attachment 487751 View attachment 487750

Great job, What are you going to do with the $1951 you saved? :-D

Reactions: mal_tsla
@spectrum you disagree with my post, you don’t think it look good? It may not, but I wouldn’t have thought the black inserts would look good on silver rims either.

Yeah I'm not sure why you would get a downvote (this is not Reddit) it might look good I didn't expect it to look good on the 22s but it ended up looking great (if a bit like the Taycan)

@spectrum you disagree with my post, you don’t think it look good? It may not, but I wouldn’t have thought the black inserts would look good on silver rims either.
I disagreed on the ability to put inserts on 22” rims. I think the 22 inch rims are so beautiful, why would anyone want to mess then up?

that being said, it’s brilliant what you did to the 20’s!

I cut my own decals for the wife's X, and made install easier by adding a guide-arc / template that goes right up against the wheel edge and is removed after installation. This helps get an even edge gap all the way around. Just an idea I thought I'd share, since someone mentioned a "jig"

ModelXWheelDecalsPlusGuides.jpg

Reactions: Durzel
I cut my own decals for the wife's X, and made install easier by adding a guide-arc / template that goes right up against the wheel edge and is removed after installation. This helps get an even edge gap all the way around. Just an idea I thought I'd share, since someone mentioned a "jig"

View attachment 497652

Good thinking, I've been testing a version two with exactly this feature and the inclusion of transfer tape.

@Kenriko was kind enough to replace my kit because I was one of first to try it and didn’t do a great job. I still have the wheels off for winter and I’m gonna do some self teaching with the wet method (that I’ve never done before) with the old partial kit maybe this weekend. I need a project to focus on to get my my off world events if you know what I mean.

I highly recommend taking the wheels off. I know that for sure. It’s really a pain lining them up on your hands and knees. And I think that was part of my problem on my first attempt.

Super customer service.