Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2019 model s long range ordered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I have just paid a deposit on a new model s. I know the model 3 might be better value but i prefer the look of the s and didn't really want to wait 3-4months for the 3

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the car etc. Ive never had an electric car before but always been a Tesla fan. anything i should watch out for? what are the best things about the car.

thanks

Attachments

• MS LR.png
    MS LR.png
    169 KB · Views: 145
Hi I have just paid a deposit on a new model s. I know the model 3 might be better value
but i prefer the look of the s and didn't really want to wait 3-4months for the 3
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the car etc.
Ive never had an electric car before but always been a Tesla fan.
anything i should watch out for? what are the best things about the car.
thanks
Congrat! Nice color!
The Model S is certainly a nicer choice.
And welcome to the forum!

Since it's your first electric car, can you charge at home?
If so, do you have a plug already installed?
What is your typical daily comute, or weekend driving.

Reactions: MSLR
Congrat! Nice color!
The Model S is certainly a nicer choice.
And welcome to the forum!

Since it's your first electric car, can you charge at home?
If so, do you have a plug already installed?
What is your typical daily comute, or weekend driving.

thanks! Haven't installed anything yet ha! Not sure on mileage yet as i have another car i use to.
Has anyone tried wrapping the interior trim? one thing i don't like on the car is the brown wood trim!

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
thanks! Haven't installed anything yet ha! Not sure on mileage yet as i have another car i use to.
Has anyone tried wrapping the interior trim? one thing i don't like on the car is the brown wood trim!

You can replace the trim with carbon fiber if you prefer. You could ask your service center if they'd do it for you/what it would cost. I believe it's pretty simple to do.

Hi

I have just paid a deposit on a new model s. I know the model 3 might be better value but i prefer the look of the s and didn't really want to wait 3-4months for the 3

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the car etc. Ive never had an electric car before but always been a Tesla fan. anything i should watch out for? what are the best things about the car.

thanks
Nice specification, same as mine, still waiting for delivery, hopefully in three weeks

That why I ended up going for the cream interior, I did think of wrapping, but it has a strong grain to it, so not convinced how well it would work.

New Raven long range Model S is a great car and a great value.

Cost more than a Model 3, but gives double the interior space, hatchback design, and is to many. the most beautiful of all the Tesla.
It, and it's bigger brother Model X, are built on state of the art all aluminum construction. They ride the smoothest, have the highest top speeds, accelerate the fastest and have a certain gravitas.

They are the finest long distance cruisers, have the largest batteries and charge quickly.

Added bonus is they come with Free Supercharging and basic autopilot. They come with the premium interior standard with LED interior accent lighting, cornering and fog lights included.

Give the open grain wood trim some time to grow on you. It is really quite nice. As others have said it can be exchanged, stained another color, sanded and given a glossy finish or wrapped. Like you I was worried at first, but have grown to love the new texture. Feels like real wood, not plastic.

Enjoy your new Tesla...they drive like no other.

New Raven long range Model S is a great car and a great value.

Cost more than a Model 3, but gives double the interior space, hatchback design, and is to many. the most beautiful of all the Tesla.
It, and it's bigger brother Model X, are built on state of the art all aluminum construction. They ride the smoothest, have the highest top speeds, accelerate the fastest and have a certain gravitas.

They are the finest long distance cruisers, have the largest batteries and charge quickly.

Added bonus is they come with Free Supercharging and basic autopilot. They come with the premium interior standard with LED interior accent lighting, cornering and fog lights included.

Give the open grain wood trim some time to grow on you. It is really quite nice. As others have said it can be exchanged, stained another color, sanded and given a glossy finish or wrapped. Like you I was worried at first, but have grown to love the new texture. Feels like real wood, not plastic.

Enjoy your new Tesla...they drive like no other.

thank you for taking the time to reply and appreciate all the information glad to here so many good things! I will see how the trim looks in real life maybe it is just the pictures not doing it justice ha!

Hi

thanks

My wife & I ordered a Model S in Aug. and rec'd it in Sept. Red Raven with cream interior. Our first EV. We installed a charger at home and that's the way to go, have a full charge when ever you want it. There are no superchargers near us. We actually keep it in chill mode as traffic is heavy enough that why lead foot it. Love the smooth and quiet ride. It is a beautiful automobile.

Enjoy your car.....

Reactions: pilotSteve
It’s not my favorite either, but it looks better in real life than in the photos
My wife & I ordered a Model S in Aug. and rec'd it in Sept. Red Raven with cream interior. Our first EV. We installed a charger at home and that's the way to go, have a full charge when ever you want it. There are no superchargers near us. We actually keep it in chill mode as traffic is heavy enough that why lead foot it. Love the smooth and quiet ride. It is a beautiful automobile.

Enjoy your car.....

Enjoy your car.....

hi glad your enjoying it and congratulations just collected ours today you're right what a smooth ride! And quiet to! Really quick to! Now just got to figure out all the settings etc! Ha!