Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2020 5-seater: What mats to get (need "floor?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there is an open well where the 3rd row goes. You can buy a cover for it.

look at Maxpider mats. Ones Tesla sells are junk in my opinion.

Keep in mind 6/7 seaters have a larger A/C system with two zones. I’ve never used the 3rd row but I bought the 7 seater for the “better” larger A/C system. Not because I needed more than 5 seats. I have 2 dogs that stay in the back.

I was looking at this from TopFit: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XQGJ3XF

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 10.39.48 AM.png

I like that it has protection with the rear seat row folded as well.

Thoughts?

I got the TopFit mats as pictured above. They're OK - actually batter than I thought in some regards.

They give you sticky-backed velcro, but the sticky doesn't stick to the back fo the mats, since they're fabric also. So I ended up folding the velcro in half so the sticky faces each other and there is velcro hooks on either side. Seemed to work pretty well, but I need more of them

What I don't have covered is rear most under trunk. I haven't seen anyone make a mat thing for that. Has anyone? This is the area we use the most and it'd be good to have something to catch all the dirt and stuff.

I got the TopFit mats as pictured above. They're OK - actually batter than I thought in some regards.

They give you sticky-backed velcro, but the sticky doesn't stick to the back fo the mats, since they're fabric also. So I ended up folding the velcro in half so the sticky faces each other and there is velcro hooks on either side. Seemed to work pretty well, but I need more of them

What I don't have covered is rear most under trunk. I haven't seen anyone make a mat thing for that. Has anyone? This is the area we use the most and it'd be good to have something to catch all the dirt and stuff.

Maxpider makes a under trunk mat, as well as Lloyds.

Any other recommendations for floor mats

I have these all-weather mats by ToughPro from Amazon. I have a 7-seater but they make them in all configurations. They are actually really well designed mats with the hex pattern to keep any liquid or sand contained. We've had them on our 2018 Model X, Model 3 and now the 2021 Model X - and they took a beating. Best thing - just rinse them with a hose. And the price is, I think, pretty reasonable.

Thx for the photo !!

With that as a base layer, I'd like a carpeted mat (A.KA. the Lloyds mat) to cover it. Seems like a better look and great protection for the less then awesome Tesla carpet. Hoping it also gas the dead pedal covered.

Anyone with a photo ????

A05C17AB-C272-4836-B8FE-8AF10CF7F6FC.jpeg
Lloyd’s in Model S are worth the price. They feel luxurious and have held up incredibly well. No bald spots where my heel digs in under the accelerator pedal. The pile is so deep that I believe they help with sound deadening too. I have the set that includes trunk mat. Selling in case anyone is interested.
013085B6-EBAD-4068-99F4-C8B0CA14DB31.jpeg