Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2020 software at delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just have a question.....my new Model S came with 2019.35.105.....My wife’s current 2019 Model 3 has had updates sent regularly and is now on 2020.4.1.....

I asked the Service Center what was the current software for the 2020 MS and was told 2019.35.105

So my question is: of those who took delivery of the 2020 MS Raven prior to the end of the year and after Jan 2020, what was the delivered software in you Model S

Thanks

Not sure it relates to delivery date or manufacture date, but TeslaFi shows tons of MS on 2020.4.1
TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker
(scroll about midway down). There is exactly 1 model S on your firmware 2019.35 (that's tracked by TeslaFi anyway) so I think the SC was trying to get you out the door.
Yes.....thats my car.....I have Teslafi also on both cars.....Mobile Service was here this morning to fix the Homelink and I asked Tyler to check......He said it was current also.......when I went to service center on Wednesday, they too said it was current....So I dont know whats going on

My car - 2020 MS - was delivered in November with what appeared to be out of date software. It took 10 days +/- for the updates to start. Once they did I was current in under a week (2 separate updates needed). It seems that there is a delay in the mother ship acknowledging that the car was delivered and then starting the software updates. What you are experiencing seems to be normal unless you have had the car for more than 2 weeks. Doesn't make much sense that a car scheduled for delivery wouldn't be updated and current but that does not seem to be how Tesla does it.

FYI I haven't gotten any 2020.X.X software yet. And I'm sure I'll get it when the time is right.

My car - 2020 MS - was delivered in November with what appeared to be out of date software. It took 10 days +/- for the updates to start. Once they did I was current in under a week (2 separate updates needed). It seems that there is a delay in the mother ship acknowledging that the car was delivered and then starting the software updates. What you are experiencing seems to be normal unless you have had the car for more than 2 weeks. Doesn't make much sense that a car scheduled for delivery wouldn't be updated and current but that does not seem to be how Tesla does it.
thanks a lot.......I would have thought that it would have latest also...I am about 8 or 9 revisions behind....I also would have thought that during the production process they would have have current revision programmed.....Its been a week today so I will just keep on the look out for a new update soon

thanks a lot.......I would have thought that it would have latest also...I am about 8 or 9 revisions behind....I also would have thought that during the production process they would have have current revision programmed.....Its been a week today so I will just keep on the look out for a new update soon
It's a strange process. And don't panic. Not all those versions will apply to your car. I freaked out and started listing all the versions I was "missing". Like you a considerable number. Turns out only two applied to my car.

The computer has the software that was current when it was made. The car then is updated when it gets on the update list when it is sold. That takes a few days to a week. The delivery folks used to push the current release, but nowadays they don't bother because of time constraints and because it will get it in a few days anyway.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
The computer has the software that was current when it was made. The car then is updated when it gets on the update list when it is sold. That takes a few days to a week. The delivery folks used to push the current release, but nowadays they don't bother because of time constraints and because it will get it in a few days anyway.
well I asked the delivery guys and they told me that I was current....Said my car was configured differently than others.....Really......Then I told them my wife’s M3 has it and they said , ‘well its a different car”......no real interest in getting me the update.....niether at the service center 500” down the street.....As many have said, I will just wait it out