Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model S battery cells & packs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GAWD
I remember all the BS regarding prepped tracks, individual motor HP and the like. People were yelling and screaming about how unfair and inaccurate Tesla was being. None of it really bothered me as I was too busy listening to my rear end and paying no attention to marketing. The butt dyno was indicating Tesla was delivering.

NOW
The other guys have entered the electric arena and are going to show us all just how the pros do it :)

Reactions: ICUDoc
I'm trying to peice together all the information out there and history, please correct me if I'm wrong. Sometime in 2019 a new battery came out with the Raven changes, range is now 370 miles.
Then mid 2020 (June) further changes to the battery, range now 405 miles.
Then in 2021 the refresh came out with more changes to the battery, range the same but possibly better Supercharging speeds in the future.

Do I understand that right? Am I missing something? If I'm looking for a used MS it appears it's better to get a late 2020 than an early one just from a hardware stand point.

If that, what was the brag about the 4680 then? It seems no cars yet with the famous new technology? All was just talk?
Texas gigafactory is making Model Y with structural packs. The issue is low 4680 cell production volumes. It looks like Tesla ran into issues scaling that process: