Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model S Unveiled January 27, 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I ordered an iPhone 11 just before they announced the iPhone 12. Jerks at Apple are just like those at Tesla: they wouldn't honor the 11 price for the upgraded 12. Mumble, mumble, harrumph!
The difference with the iPhone is that you were still able to get what you ordered and at the price you ordered it. I don't think people would necessarily be complaining if they could still get a new MS for the price they ordered the car for, even if it's a previous generation 2021.

How was it done?

upload_2021-1-28_13-20-7.png
and
upload_2021-1-28_13-20-46.png

All that is nice, but convenience to drive trumps nearly everything else for me.

I hope that isn’t the case, or I could foresee myself accidentally hitting the horn button instead of the AP quite a bit, depending on how the buttons work.

I’m gonna guess the TACC/AP icon, being just above the right scroll wheel, means that TACC/AP will be enabled by pushing in on the scroll wheel (once for TACC, twice for AP), not hitting the symbol itself.

Currently on the 3 (and likely the Y, though I have not tested it), pushing the right scroll wheel in enables voice commands. But on the new S/X yoke, the voice command seems to be enabled by that new “soft” button to the right of the scroll wheel (the one that looks like a microphone).

If I’m right, I would have preferred the TACC/AP symbol to be below the scroll wheel, not above, to avoid confusion, and to create a bit more spacing between icons.

F708606A-84B6-487E-8E5A-840A0376221D.jpeg

The interior looks interesting. I will wait to see how reviews of actual use of the new controls and steering wheel develop. I'm sure that we will learn more in the next week or so.

Does anyone know about deals being offered for pre-refresh new Model S cars?

So I just got off the phone with my Tesla rep. I had ordered back on 10/19 a LR+. They won't honor the price. They give you a $2k discount that's it. So price jumps about $14k (~82k to 96k). Company is crap at managing through customer expectations and communication. Spoke to the manager as well, 'nothing they can do'. Stupid.
At least you ordered. I have been following the refresh and it was clear it was imminent, but didn't order thinking they wouldn't honor the price anyway. You are getting the same car as me with a $2K discount.

In the UK, and many other places I’m sure, tight parallel parking is the norm. Multiple full turns of the wheel, sorry yoke, will soon wear thin...

On the trim I have the carbon fibre on my S75D 18. It just looks great. Please make it an option on all the models. I paid a bit more for it on my current vehicle and would again every time as it just looks the part. These are vehicles of the future so the interior trim does not need to look like a 19th century Gentlemans’ club.

So I just got off the phone with my Tesla rep. I had ordered back on 10/19 a LR+. They won't honor the price. They give you a $2k discount that's it. So price jumps about $14k (~82k to 96k). Company is crap at managing through customer expectations and communication. Spoke to the manager as well, 'nothing they can do'. Stupid.

I also have a LR on order, just before Christmas.

Sure, I would love the old price (they have yet to update my Tesla Account, but I am not holding my breath). But, it is not the same car either. I appears that for the extra $9K (give or take) I am getting:

- 0.5 seconds faster 0-60;
- Better battery thermal characteristics (even if still the old cells);
- Better aero;
- A minor range bump (and yes, this is my first EV so I still have range anxiety);
- Somewhat faster charging;
- Side view cameras;
- Spoiler;
- Chrome-out (if I wanted lots of chrome I would buy a Harley);
- Glass roof like a Lucid;
- Vastly upgraded interior (even if it is not leather).

And I am sure there are a lot of little things on there I missed or have not been well publicized yet.

Should I change my mind and decide I am being screwed, the Lucid option is still there.

Reactions: Krash and Paul8810

Sure, I would love the old price (they have yet to update my Tesla Account, but I am not holding my breath). But, it is not the same car either. I appears that for the extra $9K (give or take) I am getting:

- Better aero;
- A minor range bump (and yes, this is my first EV so I still have range anxiety);
- Side view cameras;
- Spoiler;

And I am sure there are a lot of little things on there I missed or have not been well publicized yet.

Should I change my mind and decide I am being screwed, the Lucid option is still there.

And a heat pump in the new model which has a disproportionate affect on actual range.

- Better aero;
- Side view cameras;
- Spoiler;

Just a thought... maybe you should seek out a revised S for a test drive before delivery ?

My wife - the primary driver of our S -- looked at me as if I had bought into Gamestop (meaning crazy) when I showed her some images of the interior revisions last night.