Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model S Unveiled January 27, 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A screen for games in the back is totally unnecessary, I'm assuming it'll only play games from the Tesla arcade.
If there is kids in the back then they'll be on their phones, Nintendo Switch, iPad's etc and won't bother with this gimmick.
Instead of a rear screen how about that part of the accounting budget go towards 360 parking cameras......and stalks.

The rear screen makes sense for climate, radio and seat heater controls. Especially since it has 3 zone heating.

FWIW, I've flown aircraft with all three but hated the steering wheel, admittedly the one I used was not actually a fully closed one.
5fc42d9a0927fa0a7a02160c93271465.jpg

Luckily for me it was only to get a type rating.

This subject must somehow be related to the Model S...

Wow! You earned that Type ...:cool:

Reactions: FlatSix911
It is.

The arrival of a real competitor (the Lucid Air) has benefited us all.

Before the refresh I was 50/50 on Tesla/Lucid, but I think the refresh has tilted it back to Tesla.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

And yup, without the Lucid Air’s imminent arrival, I strongly suspect this MS refresh would have arrived MUCH later... despite being overdue and very much needed.

Last edited:
After 8 years of original then new blue, I was really hoping for a new color option. I don’t like dark colors or white, and rest are getting a bit long in the tooth. I wish they would bring back titanium. Or how about brown ;)

Yeah, one of the few things that’s been disappointing about the refresh is the lack of new exterior colors.

I mean, my goodness, still no Silver? (and no, ‘midnight silver metallic’ isn’t silver, it’s gray)

Titanium would be great too, as you say, or even British Racing Green (in your face, Jaguar!). Orange? Yellow? Something.

I think most luxury sedans in the MS’s class do get offered in more color choices, and often a LOT more. Not sure why Tesla is always behind there... paint shop and/or inventory issues?

Last edited:
Yeah, one of the few things that’s been disappointing about the refresh is the lack of new exterior colors.

I mean, my goodness, still no Silver? (and no, ‘midnight silver metallic’ isn’t silver, it’s gray)

Titanium would be great too, as you say, or even British Racing Green (in your face, Jaguar!). Orange? Yellow? Something.

I think most luxury sedans in the MS’s class do get offered in more color choices, and often a LOT more. Not sure why Tesla is always behind there... paint shop and/or inventory issues?
Colors are killing operational pipeline and resale market dynamics. It's a smart move to severely limit color choice. Still way better than Model T.

View attachment 631559

Completely stupid. So if the touchscreen dies. You cant move the car. And we rely on the car to guess. Because autopark works so great! And tesla has such a great history of reliable touchscreens
Imagine driving through a detour which puts on the "wrong side" of a highway. A guy with a stop sign alternates the directions of traffic over the only half of the highway - I have driven through such detours many times. After waiting for cars to start moving, your car decides that you're on a one way highway and the only direction it should be going is in reverse. I simpler scenario is when you're pulling out of a parking spot, where there are cars the same distance in front and behind your car. I guess with a Tesla you get in and say "I'm feeling lucky, let's see which say the car wants me to pull out, forwards or backwards".

Model 3 and Y Performance come standard with 20" Uberturbine in grey. Sporty! Yet the Model S Plaid comes with those 19" Tempest wheels that looks kind of dull. Wheels are very important for the overall looks so why didn't Tesla give the Plaid some nice base wheels?
Not everyone wants the larger wheels. If you live where there are lots of potholes (like Washington state), you quickly learn than thin sport tires are high maintenance. When I moved from CA to WA, I started putting thicker tires on my cars pretty quick.

Yes, I ordered an iPhone 11 just before they announced the iPhone 12. Jerks at Apple are just like those at Tesla: they wouldn't honor the 11 price for the upgraded 12. Mumble, mumble, harrumph!
Really, they refused to ship you an iPhone 11 after accepting an order for it? Frankly, I think you're making it up.

Tesla should honor any orders they took for LR+ and deliver LR+'s, or offer an optional upgrade (free or for a price, up to Tesla).

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to disable the auto gear selection and you'll be able to control the gears via a smaller touchscreen near the phone chargers (as stated upthread or in another thread).
The electrek article said “force buttons”, iirc, not touch screen. I really hope they don’t opt for a touch screen near the phone chargers to control the gears; that has the potential for disaster. Reach down for the phone at a stop light, accidentally brush the reverse icon while putting the phone back, and whoops. Force buttons, which I would assume require actual force and probably has haptic feedback of some sort so you know the button was hit, would be a safer option, IMO.

Reactions: David29
Colors are killing operational pipeline and resale market dynamics. It's a smart move to severely limit color choice. Still way better than Model T.

I think there’s a reason why color choices have evolved beyond the Model T’s over the past century. ;)

Oh, and Fun Fact™️: In both its early and late years of production, the Model T was produced in more colors than just black. It was only in its middle period that ‘any color you want, so long as it’s black’ applied.

Last edited: