Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model S Unveiled January 27, 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just going to pose a silly suggestion here for testing out the yoke: What if you took some tape or something, and wrapped the upper part of the wheel, and drive around for few days without touching it? Maybe even have some gooey stuff on it to really prevent you from wanting to touch it. Would that offer a suitable simulation?

Just going to pose a silly suggestion here for testing out the yoke: What if you took some tape or something, and wrapped the upper part of the wheel, and drive around for few days without touching it? Maybe even have some gooey stuff on it to really prevent you from wanting to touch it. Would that offer a suitable simulation?

Like a "chastity wheel"

I'm genuinely surprised there hasn't been an event announced yet. Have we just given up on that idea at this point?

I’ve been looking for any information on the elusive “Elon call” on Model S that he announced during the earnings, but have not found anything on this. I’m not “influential” enough to get his attention, maybe someone with a Twitter account that he follows can ask him?

Yeah, I think every "event" in the past revealed stuff that was previously not on their website, but appeared immediately afterwards. In this case, the horse is out of the barn already.

Yep, I've been wearing Google out over tidbits but it's silent running per usual over at Tesla. I guess at this point we're just waiting for the first deliveries.

I saw a youtuber a week or so ago do something similar to this.

Yeah, I think every "event" in the past revealed stuff that was previously not on their website, but appeared immediately afterwards. In this case, the horse is out of the barn already.

Seems like they could add quite a bit more info around yoke & AI gear-selection at an event. There's still plenty of speculation about those & whether the current renders on the site are representative of what's actually going to ship. In particular, I'd love confirmation around whether the gear selection over-rides are going to be via MCU or physical buttons elsewhere (i.e., near where the hazard button is on the current renders).

I haven't followed past events , so I'm not sure if there are really any parallels like this in the past where we know generally about a feature but have also seen some conflicting information about implementation.

I'd love to get more details on the rear seats/second row, as they seem to have made some pretty signification changes within the last 2 weeks:

New Model S second row changes (rear seats & more)

Thanks for posting that link .... hadn't seen that thread yet. Now I'm convinced the only thing holding back the event is that they haven't finalized the design yet. And I'm also convinced my "March" estimated delivery is a pipe dream at this point.