Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model S Unveiled January 27, 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least they kept the one display in front of the driver. That was the reason, other than size, that I went with the S rather than 3. Not sure about the steering wheel. Have bad memories from the early 80’s as a dumb kid cutting down a steering wheel to made one like Knight Rider. Did not work out well. I am not crazy about the flat bottom ones you get in some Audi’s. When you turn the steering wheel you expect it to be in the same place. Maybe Elon thinks steering wheels are going to be less important as we move along?

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
Dont worry, the steering wheel cannot be manufactured like that. In the US you have to be able to hand over hand turn in a circle. Unless otherwise mentioned the wheel is full lock at a fraction of the rotation which would require you to learn have to drive again.

You sure about that? Design studio has delivery times of March for base and regular plaid versions.

Dont worry, the steering wheel cannot be manufactured like that. In the US you have to be able to hand over hand turn in a circle. Unless otherwise mentioned the wheel is full lock at a fraction of the rotation which would require you to learn have to drive again.
Why would they add pictures in the design studio if they can't sell it?

Missing classic door handles - looks like they're going with Model 3 version.
I wonder if the autopilot stalk will also get moved (ala 3/Y).

Door pockets are nice.
Dual phone dock is nice.
Will be interesting to see how much storage is in center console - do I still get 4 cup holders.

Can't see them bringing that steering wheel to market.