Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model S Unveiled January 27, 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing that a team of engineers has thoroughly tested how the yoke steering works in practice and given the green light only after proving that it works fine. If not, it's yet another example of how work from home leads to bad user interfaces

Not surprising since they used a very similar wheel and interior layout on the CT. I believe roadster2 also has it.

image.png

Completely underwhelmed. Virtually no range increase. Do not care for steering wheel. Doesn't seem like they even tried to integrate the new horizontal screen. Rear screen - kind of stupid. I suspect most kids would rather have their iPad or lap top.

My initial reaction as well. When I saw the earnings miss on the stock, I thought "Well, the refresh might help"...nope. It isn't just "gotta get used to the new one" either. I agree that from a design aesthetic it looks like they just tried to jam the Model 3 "look" in there. I know it is hard with an existing car, but it seems the engineers or bean counters (or both) really limited the designers here with "no you can't change that" "nope, can't move that brace" "no, the door can't change", etc. REALLY disappointed there were no sheet metal changes (or they are so slight as to be a big "meh"). On the flipside, I guess my "old" model S may not plummet in value quite as bad as it could have.

I have GOOD news for all you already MS owners!

The value of your car will NOT go down! People will prefer good old look and if anything your value will go up!

New interion is HORRIBLE

You'll change your tune in time. It always takes some time to get used to something new.

When the CT was shown, I went, WOW THAT IS UGLY! NO THANKS.

The next day I put in an order for one.

The model S interior looked dated and terrible next to the 3. Not just my opinion, I overheard multiple people at the Tesla showrooms saying the same thing. They thought the S was the old model or something.

Minimalistic interior can look cheap if you're used to buttons everywhere, but clean design will grow on you. Then buttons everywhere will look like something out of the 80's.

I like the minimalistic interior of the 3, so this goes in that direction. I really like it. The steering wheel is like the Cybertruck and Roadster 2. As with anything else, it can't please everybody. When the Cybertruck came out -- so many people hated it. Now, what's the verdict? Pre-orders seem to validate a different viewpoint.

Reactions: IdaX
I like the minimalistic interior of the 3, so this goes in that direction. I really like it. The steering wheel is like the Cybertruck and Roadster 2. As with anything else, it can't please everybody. When the Cybertruck came out -- so many people hated it. Now, what's the verdict? Pre-orders seem to validate a different viewpoint.

not only that, you want a design style for your vehicles.

The S was made in 2012 when their goal was to make it look like a regular car. The dash was tall like a regular car (for no reason). The exterior looked like a regular car (not a bad thing). They didn't make it look like a car built for 3 year olds with bright colors and other nonsense.

If the CT, 3, Y, Roadster 2, all have clean interior, the S and X should too.