Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model S Unveiled January 27, 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have grave doubts about the ergonomics and livability of the new interior design, apart from finding it ugly (this would do well in the base model VW id.3, but not in a luxury car):

• No vents
  • No blinker stalk - there is a reason why every car for the last 50+ years has used this design to operate turn signals
  • Apparently, a lot more will have to be controlled with two or three buttons and a touch screen, which takes your focus off the road and is downright illegal in some countries
  • Steering wheel could be a security hazard, will see how that works out
  • All in all, probably par for the course for a car that is intended to drive 90% of the time autonomously - except that we are still quite a bit away from that

If my current S would be totalled, I would likely shop elsewhere (or get a recent used one).

I like the exterior design changes, if they did not take away functionality from the door handles.

What's the difference between Plaid and Plaid+, apart from some text and 1020 vs 1100hp.

Ah ok 390mi v 520+ mi.
And both show 0-60 as sub 1.99.
Incorrect on the last point. On the Order page, the "FEATURE DETAILS" which is different from the "Feature Details", it lists:

Acceleration 0-60 mph
Long Range 3.1 sec
Plaid 1.99 sec
Plaid+ <1.99 sec

Range
Long Range 412 miles
Plaid 390 miles
Plaid+ 520+ miles

So how bad should I feel since I just bought my first Tesla, a 2021 Model S, that was delivered Christmas Eve? Should I feel as upset as I do now even though I love the car I have?

I'm actually thankful I took delivery of my S in December after seeing the update. I'd have to test drive that new steering wheel first especially when backing out of tight spots in a parking garage. Not a fan of the half-steering wheel something that I would think most folks would want to test it out to see how it compares.

Also curious how that steering wheel does in snow/ice conditions on the road.

Reactions: David29