Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model S Unveiled January 27, 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That depends on whether you like that steering "wheel".

Honestly, I don’t care for the steering wheel or the horizontal screen. I don’t really care about the screen in the back either. What I do like is door pockets, the fold down arm rest in the back seat and ventilated seats which living in TX in the summer came in handy in my last car. It looks like the front arm rests will have a compartment under them also which would be nice. Basically, more places to stuff crap. Maybe the positive of not having those places is I will be less likely to put crap I don’t need in my car.

There's a long list of S features here:
Tesla Reveals Refreshed Model S Plaid: Production Starts In Q1 2021 (insideevs.com)

I couldn't find that list on Tesla's site. For example, I wanted to see how they described the purported Ventilated Seats return.

Go to Order Now, scroll down to the interior, and click on Feature Details (then keep scrolling right through the "cards").

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 2.08.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 2.08.08 PM.png

Not all new changes are bad, not all seem great. I really prefer a steering WHEEL. And I find the current stalk arrangement very user friendly. I wouldn't want to relegate those functions to a touch screen or that steering thing.

Happy with my 2019 Raven Performance S. I'll think it'll age well and not automatically get displaced as a lesser model by this refresh.

I used to have a 2005 e46 M3, which I think may be the best model year ever made. Newer versions may have new gadgets, but BMW nailed it with that car.

With the exception of having to deal with rattling half shafts (hoping for fix someday), the Raven Performance S is a terrific car.

The 520+ mile range battery though...damn....

So how bad should I feel since I just bought my first Tesla, a 2021 Model S, that was delivered Christmas Eve? Should I feel as upset as I do now even though I love the car I have?

I took delivery on 12/17. Performance model. I knew this refresh was a possibility and obviously I don't know what future software will be released that only works on this new model, I am really happy I pulled the trigger. I would have not paid for the Plaid, so I would have missed out on my Performance (which is totally frivolous but I love it regardless). Not a fan of the steering wheel and really don't care about any of the other changes---except maybe the door pockets and chrome delete.

Reactions: David29 and msm859