Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model S Unveiled January 27, 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
L-O-L another elon Musk childhood dream applied in the real world, unfortunately. That steering “wheel” is stupid, imagine driving and parking with that thing where you need to turn the wheel and cut hard.

They couldn’t keep it normal? Always needing to force a gimmick into what should be a nice car.

Thanks Tesla, I wasn’t all too happy with the company but I thought nah I’ll wait and see what the refresh has to offer before I decide, so I guess a Porsche Panamera it is.

Great as long as you are going 220. Watch Hamilton go thru the hairpin at Monoco and you see the issue. It’s low speed that cause problems. Some states even call out that a steering wheel must be round and at least 13 inches across
Full Lock - Monaco
y0121tt66yb21.jpg

Minimalistic interior can look cheap if you're used to buttons everywhere, but clean design will grow on you. Then buttons everywhere will look like something out of the 80's.

But buttons work, and Model S had only a very few. From a human factors viewpoint, the new design looks confusing and dangerous. I'd really like to know if they did a formal HFE review, who did it, and what the results said.

Great as long as you are going 220. Watch Hamilton go thru the hairpin at Monoco and you see the issue. It’s low speed that cause problems. Some states even call out that a steering wheel must be round and at least 13 inches across

Are we all just going to keep pretending that dynamic steering doesn't exist? F1 cars don't have this but the new MS will have to.

Audi Technology Portal - Dynamic steering

From a human factors viewpoint, the new design looks confusing and dangerous. I'd really like to know if they did a formal HFE review, who did it, and what the results said.

Going to need you to back up the claim. Especially given that we have 3 years of history with model 3 and the "dangerous" lack of buttons to call upon.