Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model S Unveiled January 27, 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just me or do the arachnid wheels look like the one nut wheels we saw on the roadster?

59BC4D99-6996-482F-9C2A-A80A146333B1.png

Last edited:
Anyone else not like the base silver wheels? If you take out chrome trim, why leave silver wheels instead of gun metal grey or black? The arachnids looks nice though.

Yes, I hate the stock wheels in silver. It's maddening how great the 21s look -- but my brain wants the ride quality and efficiency of the 19s. Dammit.

Two comments:
  • second, any phone charging below eye-line is useless to me, since--absent Apple Car Play integration--I rely heavily on my iPhone for intelligent navigation (much better than what Tesla offers, and integrated with everything else on my phone). Yes, I know others' differ on this, but I'm just expressing my opinion.
Yeah, that opinion is pretty ridiculous. ;-)

Steering wheel is the future, absolutely brilliant!

At low speed each radial movement is amplified so you are never rotating the wheel around. At higher speed, it works more like current wheels do. If you don't "get it", you soon will, literally and figuratively. :) Tesla just leaped the steering control into the future, it's what they do.

RT

yes, they have adopted the steering system of a 1972 Citroen SM. Don’t believe me? Look it up.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
yes, they have adopted the steering system of a 1972 Citroen SM. Don’t believe me? Look it up.

I am very familiar with driving a 1972 Citroen SM. My father has one. I suspect you are entirely correct, rather they just made an electronic version instead of hydraulic. Which would account for why they think they can pull off the yolk style steering wheel. Keep in mind, even the 1972 Citroen SM is not sporting a yolk.

Steering wheel is the future, absolutely brilliant!

At low speed each radial movement is amplified so you are never rotating the wheel around. At higher speed, it works more like current wheels do. If you don't "get it", you soon will, literally and figuratively. :) Tesla just leaped the steering control into the future, it's what they do.

RT

How do you know this? Or are you assuming it?

Reactions: Jarvisd1015