Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model S Unveiled January 27, 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has it been confirmed that those who ordered the Plaid on Battery Day are getting the Plaid+?
Dunno about everyone else, but my order was automatically changed to say "Plaid +":
Your Model S build details
  • Model S Plaid+
  • Deep Blue Metallic
  • 19’’ Silver Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Pay-as-you-go Supercharging

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Elon talked a bit about the S on the Joe Rogan podcast, gear selection override as he talked about was swiping up or down on the screen (forwards or backwards im guessing). Seems okay to me as I'm guessing car will guess right most of the time.

As for battery size he did say "S and X are 100 kWh" when talking about the semi's battery size. Could of course be talking about the old version but he is normally quite correct in talking about current stuff. That combined with the guy who previous leaked stuff saying 100 kWh makes me quite sure it is 100 kWh.

Which means range should be higher with their efficiency improvements, the Mercedes EQS is said to have 700 km of WLTP and I would be surprised if Tesla doesn't want to have higher than the EQS on even their LR S.

Elon talked a bit about the S on the Joe Rogan podcast, gear selection override as he talked about was swiping up or down on the screen (forwards or backwards im guessing). Seems okay to me as I'm guessing car will guess right most of the time.

As for battery size he did say "S and X are 100 kWh" when talking about the semi's battery size. Could of course be talking about the old version but he is normally quite correct in talking about current stuff. That combined with the guy who previous leaked stuff saying 100 kWh makes me quite sure it is 100 kWh.

Which means range should be higher with their efficiency improvements, the Mercedes EQS is said to have 700 km of WLTP and I would be surprised if Tesla doesn't want to have higher than the EQS on even their LR S.

Maybe they're saving it for an upgrade later..."ludicrious" anyone? (we can only hope)

Hopefully it isn't the same software team that worked on the auto rain wipers that also appear to 'guess' what speed to run at.

Hopefully it isn't the same software team that worked on the auto rain wipers that also appear to 'guess' what speed to run at.

My wipers always guess that it's pouring and the weather requires Ludicrous wiping speed, even when it's dry. So presumably by that logic, the car will just always be in Drive and Launch Mode just in case. :D

Is it weird we still don’t have exact dimensions on the S refresh yet? :oops:

I mean what, they still figuring this out?
As per Elon - "Best process is no process". Whatever size it comes out of the factory, that is the spec, for that specific unit. The ones made on the weekend shift, new and improved. :p

As per Elon - "Best process is no process". Whatever size it comes out of the factory, that is the spec, for that specific unit. The ones made on the weekend shift, new and improved. :p

Eh, I’m sure the dimensions will be repeatable by Tesla... ONCE they settle on them.

I’m just wondering what the hold-up is in determining and releasing them. Are they still changing significant stuff at this very late date?

I regret to say... wouldn’t be at all surprised if they were. Which doesn’t have good implications for QA. o_O

Eh, I’m sure the dimensions will be repeatable by Tesla... ONCE they settle on them.

I’m just wondering what the hold-up is in determining and releasing them. Are they still changing significant stuff at this very late date?

I regret to say... wouldn’t be at all surprised if they were. Which doesn’t have good implications for QA. o_O
Evidently side window dimensions of the model 3 were not constant, causing some model 3's to spontaneously shatter windows (evidently glass doesn't shrink when the window dimension does). ;)

Yea, I was being facetious about outside dimensions changing much, Tesla usually doesn't mess with the car frame much during production - they stick to changing software, moving software controls and indicators, changing the car's behavior, and occasional cost reduction by using cheaper parts which don't pass the muster.

What I am slightly curious though is whether the S is still mostly aluminum, or have they swapped in some (or all) steel body parts like in 3/Y. Not that I want to buy one, but who knows, there is always a chance that a test drive will change my mind.