Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2022 Model 3 has "VCFRONT a192" issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I got my new 2022 model 3 LR last week (Dec 30). On Jan 1st, I got the message "vcfront 192" and the model 3 was unable to drive. The screen worked good, but drive shift could not work at all. After few minutes, it worked and It was able to be driven. Jan 4th, I got the same issue and never fixed. My model 3 is in the service center. They have not told me why yet. If you have some experiences about it, please give me any information for me. I cannot find out enough information about the issue on google. I cannot believe it..it is just brand new one..

vc192.jpg

I got the message from tesla team. The reason is "high voltage battery contactor issue". They said the part needs to be replaced. When I check about the part, it is in the main battery pack. To replace it, the main battery pack needs to be opened. I do not want to tack it back.. want to return..but I know it is impossible..

Upvote 0
I got the message from tesla team. The reason is "high voltage battery contactor issue". They said the part needs to be replaced. When I check about the part, it is in the main battery pack. To replace it, the main battery pack needs to be opened. I do not want to tack it back.. want to return..but I know it is impossible..

I realize that this type of thing is frustrating with a new car, but dropping the battery pack out of a Tesla is not the same thing as an engine replacement in an ICE vehicle. Since (as you point out) you can not "return" the car, you will need to let them fix it.

If you really dont want it after its fixed, you could sell it and likely not take too much of a bath on it, given used car values at this very moment, but there really isnt any reason to be stressed about a tesla location working on the battery pack... they know how to do it, obviously, and its not something that is going to always give issues like people stress about with ICE engine replacements.

Upvote 0
I have had this same issue multiple times now. I scheduled a service appointment and I have been told that they ordered a body control module, and a power conversion system, which I am guessing will obviously replace.

My appointment is at the end of the month, so I guess I will update you all when the time comes.

Reactions: phishphan
Upvote 0
I have had this same issue multiple times now. I scheduled a service appointment and I have been told that they ordered a body control module, and a power conversion system, which I am guessing will obviously replace.

My appointment is at the end of the month, so I guess I will update you all when the time comes.
What did you do in the meantime though? I have to drive 1100 miles tomorrow.

Upvote 0
What did you do in the meantime though? I have to drive 1100 miles tomorrow.
Well, my car is still operational. I noticed that the fault occurred usually after I pushed it "hard" in track mode but also happened once without track mode, still driving spiritedly.

Every single time it happened to me I was fortunate enough to be close to my house, so I just tried not to stop the car (so that it doesn't shut down), and when I got to my house, I connected it to a charger and it fixed itself. The one time it happened without track mode, it fixed itself while I was desperately driving home.

Upvote 0
Well, my car is still operational. I noticed that the fault occurred usually after I pushed it "hard" in track mode but also happened once without track mode, still driving spiritedly.

Every single time it happened to me I was fortunate enough to be close to my house, so I just tried not to stop the car (so that it doesn't shut down), and when I got to my house, I connected it to a charger and it fixed itself. The one time it happened without track mode, it fixed itself while I was desperately driving home.
Interesting. I had my mom and her friend in the car. I was showing them how cool everything was and had just floored it. Her friend lives on 80 acres and I made it halfway through their driveway before the AC stopped working. Then when I put it in park everything shut off.

The tow driver jumped the 12v and everything seemed to work again as he drove it on the tow truck after putting it in tow mode.

Reactions: santua
Upvote 0
Interesting. I had my mom and her friend in the car. I was showing them how cool everything was and had just floored it. Her friend lives on 80 acres and I made it halfway through their driveway before the AC stopped working. Then when I put it in park everything shut off.

The tow driver jumped the 12v and everything seemed to work again as he drove it on the tow truck after putting it in tow mode.
So there seems to be some similarities, we both floored it and the consequences were the same: ac stopped, screen deemed down, and it told you to pull over because the car was going to shut off, right? Well, it is the same error after all.

Upvote 0
The HV contactor is in the "penthouse" of the battery pack. That part is designed to be opened and parts replaced. I had my PCS replaced 80,000 miles ago - no issues so far with their work.

Reactions: IWRBR and phishphan
Upvote 0