Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2022 Model 3 has "VCFRONT a192" issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I got my new 2022 model 3 LR last week (Dec 30). On Jan 1st, I got the message "vcfront 192" and the model 3 was unable to drive. The screen worked good, but drive shift could not work at all. After few minutes, it worked and It was able to be driven. Jan 4th, I got the same issue and never fixed. My model 3 is in the service center. They have not told me why yet. If you have some experiences about it, please give me any information for me. I cannot find out enough information about the issue on google. I cannot believe it..it is just brand new one..

vc192.jpg

Made it back without the issue occurring again! Hope it was a fluke! Did have a scare this morning though upon departure. There was a warning that deceleration wasn’t working due to power or something and to use the brakes. I did a full reset, not just the screen and it was still there so panic began to set in. It went away after 45 seconds or so though. Quick google search said that happens when it’s cold and it was about 41 this morning in Laramie.

Upvote 0
Made it back without the issue occurring again! Hope it was a fluke! Did have a scare this morning though upon departure. There was a warning that deceleration wasn’t working due to power or something and to use the brakes. I did a full reset, not just the screen and it was still there so panic began to set in. It went away after 45 seconds or so though. Quick google search said that happens when it’s cold and it was about 41 this morning in Laramie.
Interesting, keep s posted. Hopefully, the issue got fixed. They did not replace any parts on yours, right?

Upvote 0
This is normal. Cold temps prevent regen braking, and especially so when your battery is relatively charged up. Once the battery warms and has room to accept regenerative braking, it works fine. Since we have 40 degrees or colder every morning here, so far this year, it always happens to us (regardless of SOC) and despite preconditioning.

Upvote 0
IT JUST HAPPENED AGAIN! And again right after slamming the accelerator in the hottest part of the day. I am f*cking livid!
Well, that sucks.

Also, remember how I had a service appointment scheduled for the end of last month? Well, they since delayed it twice because the parts required to fix it are not in stock. It is now set for mid-July, let's hope it does not get delayed any longer.

However, I will say that I have not had it happen to me again, but I also have not been playing around with track mode, which is when it usually happens to me.

Reactions: phishphan
Upvote 0
This happened to us on what should have been a 7 hour trip. Took 12 hours as car would start shutting down every 10-15 mins. We would pull over at an exit, wait, and it would start working again after 10-15 mins. Made it to a major city and rented a car to get home. They towed it to a Tesla dealer and I’ve been told the front body controller is being replaced. Car is a 2022 model 3 with 6500 miles.

Reactions: phishphan
Upvote 0