Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2022 Model 3 has "VCFRONT a192" issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I got my new 2022 model 3 LR last week (Dec 30). On Jan 1st, I got the message "vcfront 192" and the model 3 was unable to drive. The screen worked good, but drive shift could not work at all. After few minutes, it worked and It was able to be driven. Jan 4th, I got the same issue and never fixed. My model 3 is in the service center. They have not told me why yet. If you have some experiences about it, please give me any information for me. I cannot find out enough information about the issue on google. I cannot believe it..it is just brand new one..

vc192.jpg

That was entertaining.😅

Good for you for standing your ground and getting the issue resolved. Hope they are able to repair it soon. By any chance, did they tell you what part had to be ordered? Trying to see if it is the same thing they ordered for me.

Thanks. I do not recall the exact name of the part after what happened towards the end lol. I think he called it the pos or PS? Power something system maybe?

Upvote 0
Wow. Just wow. Well, good for you for standing your ground. It's too bad you had to walk the tech through it, and good you had the exact date and time.

Hopefully the former SA gets some "help".

Thanks. The tech was super easy to deal with and I’m certain had I been able to speak to a tech sooner all of this could’ve been avoided. It was a hell of an experience for sure. I wish I would've thought to record the situation but it happened so fast and unexpectedly I didn't.

Reactions: DrGriz
Upvote 0
Thank you! I still cant believe he very clearly wanted to fight me. So surreal. I am not joking when I say I think he was having a roid rage episode. And yes, I will be sending a long, polite email to the manager upon picking up the car.
By the way, I LOVE your colour choice!

Attachments

• B9E11D5F-87C5-499D-AA09-7E2238609853.jpeg
    B9E11D5F-87C5-499D-AA09-7E2238609853.jpeg
    294.2 KB · Views: 865
Reactions: phishphan
Upvote 0
Oh well, I am updating this thread.

So, they kept pushing back the service appointment into late September so I decided to cancel it and schedule a new service appointment for some squeak and a rattle. Dropped it off yesterday.

The estimate did say something about a firmware update related to thermals, so let's see if that does anything, I doubt it, but I hope, otherwise, I will take care of the VC_Front issue later by scheduling an appointment at a different service center as mine has gone fully touchless, so you cannot even drop off the car and speak to an adviser, you are just supposed to leave in the parking lot... would be fine with me if they at least answered the messages on the app, absolutely useless. It fathoms me how these people get paid for the majestic service they offer.

Upvote 0
Oh well, I am updating this thread.

So, they kept pushing back the service appointment into late September so I decided to cancel it and schedule a new service appointment for some squeak and a rattle. Dropped it off yesterday.

The estimate did say something about a firmware update related to thermals, so let's see if that does anything, I doubt it, but I hope, otherwise, I will take care of the VC_Front issue later by scheduling an appointment at a different service center as mine has gone fully touchless, so you cannot even drop off the car and speak to an adviser, you are just supposed to leave in the parking lot... would be fine with me if they at least answered the messages on the app, absolutely useless. It fathoms me how these people get paid for the majestic service they offer.
Is your car shutting down ever?

Upvote 0
Is your car shutting down ever?
Yeah, happened to me a couple of days ago, again, just after activating track mode. For me, it seems to happen after 1-2 minutes of driving in track mode, though it has happened once when I was driving hard in sport.

Though this last time that happened I kept driving and eventually the car stopped freaking out, it went into turtle mode (which does not let me exceed 64 mph) and once that happened I pulled over, got out of the car, then got back in and the car was completely fine. So I am guessing its some sort of firmware/software issue.

I just got my car back from the SC, so I will test to see if there is any change, but I doubt it.

Upvote 0
Yeah, happened to me a couple of days ago, again, just after activating track mode. For me, it seems to happen after 1-2 minutes of driving in track mode, though it has happened once when I was driving hard in sport.

Though this last time that happened I kept driving and eventually the car stopped freaking out, it went into turtle mode (which does not let me exceed 64 mph) and once that happened I pulled over, got out of the car, then got back in and the car was completely fine. So I am guessing its some sort of firmware/software issue.

I just got my car back from the SC, so I will test to see if there is any change, but I doubt it.
Sorry to hear that. The first time it happened to me everything was shut down and nothing would work. The second time after a few minutes everything worked fine. Make sure you submit epics with the date and time on them, not just the pics so they can find the codes quicker and thus replace the PCS.

• Helpful
Reactions: santua
Upvote 0
I honestly can't remember the code # itself if that is what you are referring to. I do remember that it was something along the lines of "Electrical system is unable to support all features," and others.
I find it interesting they could deem the PCS failed through a quick diagnosis on your car but I had to fight like hell and show that the same issue happened twice to get mine replaced. That’s why I asked. Makes me wonder if they’re acknowledging they got a bad batch of the units.

Upvote 0
I find it interesting they could deem the PCS failed through a quick diagnosis on your car but I had to fight like hell and show that the same issue happened twice to get mine replaced. That’s why I asked. Makes me wonder if they’re acknowledging they got a bad batch of the units.
Yeah, I honestly have no idea. It does seem like the service centers are not all in sync or something.

I would say they probably acknowledged it because since the beginning of this problem they had already told me that they had ordered parts, something to do with the power inverter. Then when they diagnosed it during this ongoing SC visit, they made a note about the fact that it was indeed the PCS.

Upvote 0