Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New (2022) model S - missing covers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my model S plaid just before the end of the year. Overall the build quality looks good.

Mine was missing the rear covers for the small cubby and the large lower section in the trunk area. I put in a service order and the delivery person assured me that I would receive them in the mail. So I think I’m covered there.

However, there is no upper cover, but a shelf/ledger for one. I saw a video online recently that showed a folding cover up there.

So my question is, was this supposed to be included, or is this an aftermarket or optional piece?

7EDAFAEA-885C-48F1-88D8-DAD72BA181B0.jpeg

I received my model S plaid just before the end of the year. Overall the build quality looks good.

Mine was missing the rear covers for the small cubby and the large lower section in the trunk area. I put in a service order and the delivery person assured me that I would receive them in the mail. So I think I’m covered there.

However, there is no upper cover, but a shelf/ledger for one. I saw a video online recently that showed a folding cover up there.

So my question is, was this supposed to be included, or is this an aftermarket or optional piece?

View attachment 756597
That’s how mine came as well. Missing all floor coverings and the parcel shelf. They also left out the floor mats. Over a month after delivery and I’m still waiting for them.

Felt really good dropping $100K for a partially finished vehicle.

Mine came included, but there are lots of reports of them being sent after delivery. Open a service request via the app and they will mail them to your door. They click in by magnets so it's easy to install.

I'm mostly surprised your service advisor didn't inform you of this during the delivery inspection.

Last edited:
Mine came included, but there are lots of reports of them being sent after delivery. Open a service request via the app and they will mail them to your door. They click in by magnets so it's easy to install.

I'm mostly surprised your service advisor didn't inform you of this during the delivery inspection.
I noticed the one flat cover missing in the back. I didn’t know there was another cover for the small cubby on the side or that there was a deck cover above. He did say they would be delivered, but it’s been three weeks and I haven’t seen anything yet. I’m most upset that I wasn’t given floor mats because the carpets are really wreck now with all the rain we’ve been getting.
I should’ve bought some earlier

I noticed the one flat cover missing in the back. I didn’t know there was another cover for the small cubby on the side or that there was a deck cover above. He did say they would be delivered, but it’s been three weeks and I haven’t seen anything yet. I’m most upset that I wasn’t given floor mats because the carpets are really wreck now with all the rain we’ve been getting.
I should’ve bought some earlier
I got a way for you to have kept your carpet clean... Just bring it to service till they get the parts. Hahah. Jk (mine look flawless but I'm in the aforementioned spot right now)

Mine was missing the bottom trunk cover as well. Hopefully that was one of the parts they got since they've had my car almost a month.

I noticed the one flat cover missing in the back. I didn’t know there was another cover for the small cubby on the side or that there was a deck cover above. He did say they would be delivered, but it’s been three weeks and I haven’t seen anything yet.
I had a service request open for my missing load floor pieces and was waiting a few weeks and decided to chat with service via that service request in the app and asked if they were at my sales center and if so I wanted to come pick them up. They were there and I got them the following day…might be a quicker option if you are not too far from your sales center.

I had a service request open for my missing load floor pieces and was waiting a few weeks and decided to chat with service via that service request in the app and asked if they were at my sales center and if so I wanted to come pick them up. They were there and I got them the following day…might be a quicker option if you are not too far from your sales center.
I’m going to head over there later this morning and see if someone can help me. It’s really annoying not to have the covers. I went to Costco and I had to load everything in one big pile in the back. Then I had to drive carefully home…chill mode required

I stopped by the local service center today.

They gave me the floor mats, parcel shelf (slick design), license plate frame and small lower cubby cover. I’ll have to wait a bit for the big lower trunk shelf.

I’m glad I didn’t wait until my service appointment next month!

Reactions: Ormond and CTDW
When I picked mine up (Monday) it was missing the parcel shelf, floor mats, trunk well cover and license plate frame. The Delivery Advisor was able to scrounge up most everything except the well cover.

Hopefully it got added to the delivery items that were missed, but also submitted a service request (Feb 4th) for it as well. May stop by a service center to see if they have one floating around (e.g. Dublin)

Does anyone have the part number for this load floor cover?

I’m still waiting for just that part but they brought out several others that didn’t fit. I’m concerned they are just throwing what they have at my cargo area.

158744-00-C <— is this it?

Does anyone have the part number for this load floor cover?

I’m still waiting for just that part but they brought out several others that didn’t fit. I’m concerned they are just throwing what they have at my cargo area.

158744-00-C <— is this it?
Confirmed part #, yes.

Had my service appointment today to pick it up. Still not in. 159 units back ordered

They set a mobile service appointment for two weeks from now. It’s getting ridiculous.

The black cargo area is much less convenient without the load floor cover.

Confirmed part #, yes.

Had my service appointment today to pick it up. Still not in. 159 units back ordered

They set a mobile service appointment for two weeks from now. It’s getting ridiculous.

The black cargo area is much less convenient without the load floor cover.
Makes you feel any better. I'm still waiting for mine. :)