Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2022 Model S missing parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What parts should one check for other than the truck cover and privacy shelf which are missing in some cars.

truck cover
privacy shelf
USB memory stick
USB ports (mostly reported on Y/3)
floor mats

Any other common parts to check out when picking up a new S?

Mine was missing all of the cargo area covers, front & rear floor mats, and the rear license plate frame. It seems best practice is to open a service request right away for anything missing at delivery. Regrettably, I didn't do that (the Service Center told me they'd ordered the missing parts, but they never arrived), and now it's going to be a few more weeks before I get the missing bits. (When I finally did open a service request, they got right on the issue.)

I took delivery of MS Plaid today that arguably was the best conditioned Tesla I’ve ever received (2018 MS 90D, 2020 MYP, 2020 MX prior), except for they forget to add the floor mats! 🤣 I knew they would drop the ball somewhere; just glad it’s not paint and body panel issues!

I took delivery of MS Plaid today that arguably was the best conditioned Tesla I’ve ever received (2018 MS 90D, 2020 MYP, 2020 MX prior), except for they forget to add the floor mats! 🤣 I knew they would drop the ball somewhere; just glad it’s not paint and body panel issues!

Nice, that makes two of us! My Plaid was nearly flawless on delivery last month. I went in with a checklist and clipboard, expecting a mess. Besides missing the parcel shelf and some adhesive that the detailer had to clean up...it was perfect.

My new Tesla S arrived without the mobile charger. I texted and emailed, no response. I then called and the service person said "check the front trunk." I did (checked the rear trunk and all its compartments too), and it was not there. Called again and the second service person asked me to go through the Service app. The only option that the app offers me is to fix an appointment (which I did), and they are 100+ miles away.

Kind of disappointing that Tesla Service couldn't do something simple and obvious as just mail the missing part it to me, instead of wasting everyone's time.

Reactions: t00taloo
My new Tesla S arrived without the mobile charger. I texted and emailed, no response. I then called and the service person said "check the front trunk." I did (checked the rear trunk and all its compartments too), and it was not there. Called again and the second service person asked me to go through the Service app. The only option that the app offers me is to fix an appointment (which I did), and they are 100+ miles away.

Kind of disappointing that Tesla Service couldn't do something simple and obvious as just mail the missing part it to me, instead of wasting everyone's time.
my car had multiple scratches, dented rear passenger door, missing trunk shelves, xm radio not working, and ambient lights not coming on along with a rattle they cant figure out. This company is a joke. sold a half assed car, a 100K car for that matter. No reason to tell friends to buy one. biggest joke ever!

I assume you know by now that Tesla no longer supplies a mobile charger unless you pay for it. Bummer!