Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2023 M3P vs Used very low mileage 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently placed an order for a new 2023 M3P to take advantage of the tax credit and recent price cuts and my estimated delivery window is March as of now. In the mean time I have been looking around the used market and have found some super low mileage 2022 M3P's (around 1k miles) for a couple thousand cheaper than the new one I ordered. I have been considering canceling my order and going with a 2022 model mainly due to the lack of USS but I can't seem to find a clear comparison between the 2022 and 2023 models to find out if I'd be missing out on anything if I go with 2022. So far I found that the 2023 has slightly better cameras than the 2022 but that seems to be the only real advantage. I think USS is way more valuable than slightly higher resolution cameras but I've also seen rumblings that USS might just get disabled anyway when the fabled Tesla Vision update is eventually released.

Has anyone found a clear side by side spec comparison of the two or any information on the advantages of the 2023 model besides the cameras? From everything I've seen so far it seems the 2022 is just objectively better unless Tesla decides to just disable your hardware when they deem it obsolete.