Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2023 Tesla Model Y Owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There wasn't a clear date. Ryan Shaw on YT got a parcel shelf way back in late Sept. I'm not sure when it became a given. 7 seaters don't get them.
I saw a parcel shelf in a Tesla showroom in Lawerenceville location for model y in the showroom. I thought it was annoying and taking away space for bulky items and no way to move it back as I tried to see if I can remove it too

Reactions: kpanda17
you can remove the parcel shelf. it is easy and it is not heavy.
I disagree, although I’m short and not very strong I guess. The shelf seems in keeping with Tesla oddities. It’s designed to be clever but it just doesn’t work. I really don’t know how I’m supposed to remove it as it usually slides back behind the indent that holds it, and after a few choice words I have to release a seat and get it from the side. Its taking up space in my garage. I suppose there‘s a YouTube video I was supposed to watch.

I disagree, although I’m short and not very strong I guess. The shelf seems in keeping with Tesla oddities. It’s designed to be clever but it just doesn’t work. I really don’t know how I’m supposed to remove it as it usually slides back behind the indent that holds it, and after a few choice words I have to release a seat and get it from the side. Its taking up space in my garage. I suppose there‘s a YouTube video I was supposed to watch.
you can ask the advisor at the service center. I had no issues removing it and putting it back.

Imagine for MYs leaving Freemont, there is a person intermittently throwing in freebees into the vehicles, parcel shelf, J1772, etc
Well he did not like my MYP, I only got the J1772, no parcel as stated

Hello Tesla Motors Club,

I am pleased to join the community as I am now a new proud owner of a 2023 Model Y built in GigaAustin.

The fit and finish were great as no issues found. I did notice drivers side door did close little hard (had to slam to shut) but owning the car for more than one week it has gotten better or I just learned to close it harder. I did have a small issue connecting to my home Wi-Fi but after taking to Tesla and rebooting the car (pressing both buttons on steering wheel) I was able to connect. I have not had any OTA yet currently running on version 2022.40.200.

A few things I miss or still trying to adjust to coming from a 2020 Telluride SX. I really miss the 360 surround Birds Eye view of the vehicle and parking sensors for parking in tight parking spaces and in my narrow garage. I hope that Tesla will bring updates with Tesla Vision to have include a drivers view of around the car. My MYLR does not have cameras by the front bumper but only the 3 cameras on the rear view mirror. This won’t be exactly a precise view around the car (blind shots directly by front bumper and side front finders). If Tesla adds this feature then I would help with parking assist.

I am also not getting any blind spot monitoring chime or alert. I have not found out how to turn this on or if the 2023 Model Y without USS even has this feature yet.

I know that Tesla states these functions are coming soon for the parking assist but is anyone else having trouble with blind spot alerts?

Overall I am still so happy with my purchase especially after receiving $3750 discount for December delivery as I will not qualify for next years EV Tax Credit. The car drives great and I am sure I have a steep learning curve since I am new to Teslas. Thanks for any feedback you can provide.
Unfortunately I'm in the same 'boat' waiting for Tesla Vision SW upgrade since 12/02/2022. It was promised by Tesla sales in 2-3 weeks... it's already about 10 weeks after delivery of our Model Y and nobody in Tesla is promising anything at this point. In the meantime I got a few times into very unpleasant situations while backoff on the underground parking in the malls as I had no idea about the car approaching from the right side. I got lucky, but have serious concern to continue to test my luck. I'm still wondering who in Tesla made a decision to remove USS before the Tesla Vision was ready and installed on 2023 model Y!

Unfortunately I'm in the same 'boat' waiting for Tesla Vision SW upgrade since 12/02/2022. It was promised by Tesla sales in 2-3 weeks... it's already about 10 weeks after delivery of our Model Y and nobody in Tesla is promising anything at this point. In the meantime I got a few times into very unpleasant situations while backoff on the underground parking in the malls as I had no idea about the car approaching from the right side. I got lucky, but have serious concern to continue to test my luck. I'm still wondering who in Tesla made a decision to remove USS before the Tesla Vision was ready and installed on 2023 model Y!
The USS don't provide rear cross traffic alert feature so those backing up issues aren't going to go away. Most cars use radar for that feature. Tesla doesn't have that feature as they've never had radar facing that direction and currently don't have radar facing any direction. The USS features will help you avoid hitting larger concrete poles in parking garages and help pulling up to a wall. That is about it.

The USS don't provide rear cross traffic alert feature so those backing up issues aren't going to go away. Most cars use radar for that feature. Tesla doesn't have that feature as they've never had radar facing that direction and currently don't have radar facing any direction. The USS features will help you avoid hitting larger concrete poles in parking garages and help pulling up to a wall. That is about it.
Are you sure rear cross traffic alert uses radar? I didn't know any car had rear facing radar.

Are you sure rear cross traffic alert uses radar? I didn't know any car had rear facing radar.
I could be wrong but what are they using then? If they just used USS then why didn't Tesla enable that feature years ago?

EDIT: I did a quick Google search and most cars are using the radar units used for blind spot detection to do the rear cross traffic alerts. So I guess that answers that...not directly rear facing but on the rear bumper and not something Tesla has.

Yeah, it’s easy. Mine has magnets that seat it just so. There is a technique to it, but it was difficult to remove for me.

I’m extremely disappointed that my 2016 Model X performs much better than my 2023 Model Y Performance.. park assist is non existent. After driving for the past month I’m noticing so many differences that I’m probably going to trade this in. If I do trade it in and take the loss, this is my last Tesla.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
I’m extremely disappointed that my 2016 Model X performs much better than my 2023 Model Y Performance.. park assist is non existent. After driving for the past month I’m noticing so many differences that I’m probably going to trade this in. If I do trade it in and take the loss, this is my last Tesla.
My GOD! What did we humans ever do before the invention of USS! We had to use our mirrors! 😱

Attachments

• 92811093389a00de35dd518f077a382c.jpeg
    92811093389a00de35dd518f077a382c.jpeg
    14.7 KB · Views: 100
The cars greenhouse before sensors was much more open and vehicles were more squared off allowing for better views without the need for sensors. The sight lines on newer vehicles are much more view restricted, hence the need for sensors.
I do agree with that, plus my first car only cost $400, a 1966 Dodge Dart with a straight six and the push button drive selector! If I bumped anything, oh well haha, even coming from the 3 to the Y the views are much more restricted, While I appreciate the nostalgia of a vintage car, I much prefer to drive a modern car.

Reactions: GSP
I do agree with that, plus my first car only cost $400, a 1966 Dodge Dart with a straight six and the push button drive selector! If I bumped anything, oh well haha, even coming from the 3 to the Y the views are much more restricted, While I appreciate the nostalgia of a vintage car, I much prefer to drive a modern car.
Lol! I miss those days of not worrying about dents/dings. Plus, they were easy to pop out and pretty cheap to fix. Broken headlight, I just replaced it myself and the unit was probably around $300. Starter goes out, fan belt needs replacing, I fixed it myself. Can’t do that anymore. Takes a freaking master tech with a PHD. 🤪 :D Noe, if Tesla could provide a front bumper camera, blind spot mirrors,360 view like on 30k cars, I’d be a happy camper. Holding off on my MX purchase until June or a hair later in hope they offer this with the HW.4 update.